Our client is looking for a responsible and qualified Finance Manager to join their growing finance team on a part time basis. This is a great opportunity to apply your accounting expertise and experience in a new professional setting.
Finance Manager – the job involves but is not limited to:
- To efficiently manage and monitor the Council’s finances and to advise the Council on a financial strategy that will meet its financial and policy objectives.
- To maintain arrangements for effective financial management and the preparation of accounting statements, ensuring that all the accounts conform to the requirements of the Audit and Accounts Regulations.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal financial control.
- Maintain effective procedures to accurately and promptly record all financial transactions and maintain up to date accounting records throughout the financial year. Retaining and filing all original documents and ensuring invoices are issued promptly as are payments to suppliers.
- Maintain the computerised financial records and the administration of the finances within the approved budget.
- Prepare budgets of expenditure and income for consideration.
- Prepare payment schedules.
- Deal with queries and matters arising from invoicing of users and payment of suppliers.
- Regular review of aged debts and action where required to deal with late payment and non-payment.
- Raise sales ledger invoices in respect of rent and other ad hoc invoices as required and to oversee the raising of invoices for hiring.
- Oversee the purchase ordering and purchase ledger functions.
- Maintain a petty cash imprest system.
- Ensure the proper care and security of all cash and the moneys.
- Reconciliation of all cash movements on a regular basis including monthly bank reconciliations.
- To prepare budget reports.
- To prepare the year end accounts, annual report and supporting statements for audit and complete the Annual Return for the External Auditor To make appropriate banking arrangements
- Oversee the receiving and recording of payments made and to ensure that all income is prepared and submitted for banking on a regular basis.
For this Finance Manager role you will ideally be a ACCA, CIMA, or ACA qualified Accountant or QBE. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work collaboratively. If you have excellent time management skills with a background in office administration and processes then this is the perfect opportunity to take your skillset into a part time setting.
Apply now or call Devon & Cornwall REED Accountancy & Finance on and ask for Sam