Our clients is looking to recruit a Part Time Finance Manager, 20 - 30 hours a week and initially over a 3 Day Week.
Increase your chances of an interview by reading the following overview of this role before making an application.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Part Time Finance Manager
- As Finance Manager you will have day to day responsibility for the organisation’s finances, maintain accurate financial records and ensure all financial and compliance requirements are met
- With a global customer base, it is essential that you have some knowledge of accountancy practices for commonwealth countries and liaise with accountants in the UK and overseas.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Manage payroll, statutory obligations, including PAYE and health and safety payments plus pension procedures in the UK and overseas every pay period
- Prepare company annual financial records, including meeting monthly submissions deadlines, statutory obligations and ensuring all financial practices and records comply with accepted accounting standards, here in the UK and overseas countries
- Processes purchase orders, expenses and invoices
- Prepare sales invoices and monitor customer payment schedules
- VAT Returns
- General company management tasks: office maintenance, insurance, supplies, Companies House
- Manage and update management and employees with any HR matters, annual leave entitlements, statutory obligations, etc.
- Coordinate annual research and development claims
- Liaise with suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors, directors and employees
Experience required for the position of Part Time Finance Manager
- You will need experience in a senior Accounts/Administration role and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Significant office financial management experience preferred, CIMA Part Qualified or holding AAT
- Strong IT skills - Proficiency in Sage and Microsoft
- Proficient with analysing and producing meaningful spreadsheets
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and willingness to learn
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to Maintain Strict Confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- HR and general office management experience would also be helpful