I am recruiting for a part time Assistant Accountant within the education sector. Previous education experience is not essential but ideal. My client has a finance team of three, they are a relaxed, friendly team.
This role will be office based with a potential to work from home.
Previous experience using PSF system is ideal but not essential.
- Salary: £10,147 - £18,818k (Full time equivalent is £22,107– £25,747)
- Hours: 18 hours per week 42 weeks per year (over 3 or 4 days, can be flexible)
- Responsible to: Business Manager
- Free parking on site
- Pension and government scheme
Provide and be responsible for the provision of effective and efficient management of school finances, including aspects of budget setting and monitoring, procurement, income receipt, invoicing and audit preparation.
• To assist with the planning and development of financial support services.
• To develop appropriate work practices.
• To be aware at all times of the schools financial policies and procedures as set out in the financial manual and maintain a knowledge of current finance and information systems.
• Responsible for running month end, invoices, journals, sales and records ensuring reconciliations are completed within set deadlines, including but not limited to: payroll reconciliation and journals, bank reconciliation, charge card reconciliation, debtor and creditor controls, spot checks, relevant accruals and system housekeeping.
• Supervise the collection of debts in line with the school’s Financial Procedures Operation and management of all financial information and filing systems.
• Assist in the monitoring and development of effective systems of financial accountability and control in line with the school’s financial requirements.
• Assist the Business Manager with setting, profiling and allocating the school budget.
• Oversee monthly departmental reporting.
• Monitor and report variances in income and expenditure to the Business Manager at least monthly with particular focus on utilities, print/copy and premises.
• In collaboration with the Business Manager to produce year-end figures and reports, to include accruals and prepayments schedules, reconciliations and depreciation.
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Purchase/Sales Ledger administration, processing of orders, dealing with invoices and the raising of cheques.
• Dealing with income relating to sales ledger ensuring records are accurate and aged debtors are effectively managed,
• Oversee all financial aspects of school trips, visits and other events ensuring the trips ledger is balanced and accounts are maintained.
• Oversee the parent pay facility
• Attend relevant meetings and carry out any other relevant accounting tasks as directed by the Business Manager
• Operation and records maintenance for all school unofficial funds including submitting annual accounts to the Charities Commission.
• Ensure all month end procedures Produce relevant financial and budget reports for the Business Manager as required
• Oversee the administration and management of the school’s online payment system (ParentPay), ensuring parent accounts, products and services, trips and visits and dinner money etc. are set up correctly. Ensure that all outstanding debts and monitored and progressed in line with the finance manual.
• Manage the Finance office
• Ensure the smooth running, management and cover of all Finance Office services