Reed Accountancy are currently exclusively partnered with a fast-growing professional services business based in Central Newbury.
My client is seeking a QBE or PQ Finance Manager/Controller to join the team on a part time basis. Ideally this role will be 25 hours per week spread across 5 days, however are open to flexibility on how this can be worked.
This is a fantastic chance to join a business that is going from strength to strength and therefore this role will develop and grow in the future. The role will initially be working from home however hybrid working will be offered in the future as well as an increase in hours as the business develops.
Working alongside and reporting into the FD you will be responsible for all daily and monthly accounting duties in a full 360 role including some elements of office management.
Duties for this role will cover -
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance function ensuring that effective financial controls are exercised, that deadlines are met and to add value to the organisation
- Cashflow management
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial reports across the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow,
- Oversee and responsible for all ledgers
- Develop and deliver performance information to assist the leadership team in the running of the business
- Assist the COO in the business planning and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Oversee the companies’ taxes, including VAT and PAYE and optimise the Group corporation tax position
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements and deadlines
- Manage the year end audit liaising and engaging with external auditors
- Prepare company statutory accounts, including any consolidated group accounts.
- Identify and implement efficiency improvements through systems changes or staff development.
- Support general office management
Experience of Xero/Quickbooks would be advantageous but not essential. This role would be best suited to a candidate with experience in a SME environment and happy to take on more hours in the future if necessary.