Finance Manager (Part-Time)
Below covers everything you need to know about what this opportunity entails, as well as what is expected from applicants.
Worthing, West Sussex (office/home based)
Established in 1991, Turning Tides is a community-led charity dedicated to ending homelessness. At Turning Tides, we empower homeless or insecurely housed individuals to achieve sustainable independent living.
We have gone from supporting a handful of people in the coastal town of Worthing to providing a range of services to over 1,700 people in Worthing, Adur, Littlehampton, Horsham and Mid Sussex. We have over 5,000 supporters, 250 volunteers and 150 staff members to date.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our team on a part-time basis working 30 hours per week, ideally over five days.
- Salary of £32,800 per annum (FTE £41,000)
- 25 days’ holiday increasing by one day per year up to 28 days (not including Bank Holidays)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
If you are a management accountant with a commercial or non-profit background and an excellent leadership style, this is a brilliant opportunity to advance your career with a community-led charity dedicated to ending homelessness.
In this newly created role, you will play an integral part in improving our financial performance enabling us to help more people in need and reach our goal of ending local homelessness.
As a valued member of our team, your personal and professional wellbeing and development are important to us and we’ll ensure your skills and expertise are nurtured so you can reach your career goals.
As the Finance Manager, you will take ownership of the management accounting process for our organisation, ensuring accuracy throughout the reporting hierarchy.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will help control, analyse and improve our financial performance as well as improving processes throughout the Finance Team.
In this role, you will:
- Produce monthly management accounts including cashflow, rolling forecast and variance analysis
- Investigate variances and help budget holders improve operational and financial performance
- Ensure accurate income apportionment, accruals, prepayments and other accounting entries
- Maintain all financial records including lease and contract information
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
To join us as our Finance Manager, you will need:
- Experience in producing management accounts within a commercial or non-profit entity
- Experience in managing a small team and a full finance function
- Knowledge of payroll (SAGE) and FRS 102
- The ability to produce and analyse management accounts to strict deadlines
- The ability to review all balance sheet reconciliations and solve issues
- The ability to investigate, summarise and explain financial information to non-financial staff
- Excellent Excel skills including macros, data validation and pivot tables
An ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of SAGE 50 and SAGE Payroll.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 9th November 2021
Turning Tides is an equal opportunities employer which aims to create an environment which respects and welcomes everyone and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities it serves. The organisation values, respects and celebrates diversity. Turning Tides encourages applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history.
Turning Tides requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Successful applicants (dependent on role) are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
No agencies, please, outside of our PSL.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
about 1 month ago
Finance Manager (Part-Time)