Accountancy Recruit are working with an SME in the manufacturing sector in South Manchester to appoint a part time Finance Manager. The role will be 24 hours per week, ideally 5 hours per day but there is some flexibility. This role would suit an experienced Finance Manager or a Senior Management Accountant ready to take on a stand alone role or a Financial Controller looking to reduce hours. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of finance and must be prepared to undertake more administrative tasks as this is a small business.
The Finance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure all transactions are processed correctly.
- Purchase ledger, process all purchase invoices and post to the correct ledger.
- Sales Ledger, process approximately 25 sales invoices per month.
- Cashbook postings and reconciliations.
- Produce monthly management accounts and prepare adhoc reports for the Operations Director as required.
- Use Excel to extract and analyze data and partner the operations teams to help them understand the financial position.
To be successful in this role the Finance Manager will have the following experience:
- Qualified finance professional or qualified by experience.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Hands on with the ability to manage all aspects of finance within a small business.
- Previous experience in an SME.
- Experience of Access Dimensions would be beneficial.
- Strong Excel experience required with the ability to use look ups and pivot tables.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
The salary banding for this role is the full time equivalent and is a guide, the salary offered will be commensurate with experience.