Our client is a national governing body within their sport, and they are embarking on an exciting new strategy following the appointment of a new Chief Executive and organisational restructure. Due to an upcoming retirement, the organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join their small team on a part time basis. This is largely a standalone style Finance Manager role, with some support provided by a Finance Administrator, reporting directly into the Chief Executive. This is a generalist Finance Management role which will allow the successful candidate to have ownership over the Finance remit.
In return, you will join a dynamic, collaborative, and ambitious organisation where your role is pivotal to the day-to-day operation. As such, this role will provide the opportunity work somewhere where you are genuinely making a noticeable difference, deriving a rewarding sense of job satisfaction.
Please Note: This is Part Time role. The contracted hours are 21 per week, and the ideal working pattern would be 3 full days. However, 5 shorter days would also be considered for the right candidate.
- Primary point of contact for financial queries.
- Provide management oversight of the company finances, ensuring financial processes are robust and supporting the annual external audit.
- Ensure statutory accounts are prepared and subsequently approved by the board.
- Support the development of the annual budget and work with budget holders to manage accurate budgets.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including the initiation and processing of month end journals, and associated analysis and commentary of budget variances.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts, including accruals and prepayments monthly, and the maintenance of those schedules.
- Support funding submissions and prepare financial returns to funding agencies.
- Prepare and manage accurate cash flow forecasts and oversee statutory reporting requirements to HMRC.
- Reconcile bank accounts and authorise payments.
- Manage quarterly VAT returns, ensure compliance with tax regulations, and annual review of VAT making adjustment calculations.
- Financial management of development loans and necessary due diligence.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in a senior finance role.
- A suitable accountancy qualification is desirable.
- Strong skills in finance software - experience using Xero is highly desirable.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of financial accounts.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and good practice.
- Experience of setting up accounting, preparing option appraisals, plans, budgets and of exercising budgetary controls.
- Experience of developing and operating financial systems and procedures.
- Well-developed financial modelling skills to support planning and decision making.
- Manage and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial process are being used.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to form positive relationships.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Joanna Middleton on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.