Role and Responsibilities
This role is a standalone role and is therefore fully responsible for the end to end processes and output of the Finance Function, to include;
- Financial transactions, Sales Ledger, Purchase ledger, General Ledger, Employee Expenses.
- All Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Month end financial reporting.
- VAT Returns.
- Processing of Monthly Payroll and Payroll Year End.
- Financial Forecasting/ Budgeting. Supporting the MD by providing Financial Insight and identifying any risks.
- Cashflow Management. Ensuring a proactive approach to managing the working capital of the business.
- Credit Control.
- Liaising with the external Accountants to produce the year end Statutory Accounts and Corporation Tax Return.
- Business Partnering with the MD, Company Directors and other Department Managers.
- Systems Management and improvement.
- Some Corporate Governance, to include meeting minutes and filing of Company House Confirmation Statement.
- Some HR Support on employee contracts, offers and holiday/sickness tracking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Accountancy qualification or QBE
- Self Starter with strong organisational skills.
- A questioning approach to the financials.
- A strong communicator.
- A flexible approach and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in where needed.
- Sage, Xero, Excel
This role reports into the Managing Director and is expected to grow with the business.