Blue Arrow Derby are looking to recruit a Finance Manager on a part-time permanent basis for an excellent Charity organisation based in Pride Park, Derby. This role can be a mixture of working remotely and office based.
Hours: 25 hours
Salary: £35,000 (pro-rota)
About the Role
You will be working closely with the CEO, the Senior Management Team and working as sole charge Finance Manager.
As the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the integrity of finance records and systems and providing financial information for the effective and efficient running of the organisation.
This role is open to qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience Finance Managers.
Duties will include:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company and ensure accuracy throughout the financial records.
- Provide pro-active cover and support to the team when required including covering day to day duties to cover for holidays and sickness.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer with calculation of the company wages
- Ensure the organisations comply with HMRC requirements, e.g., PAYE, Tax filing and VAT
- Ensure accurate and timely VAT Returns in line with accounting timelines (partial exemption scheme)
- Working with other senior Managers within the business and CEO, and external auditors to create and control departmental budgets, and P&L and balance sheets.
- Month-end processing including prepayment/accrual journals and preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts for several departments
- Provide the CEO and Board of Trustees with divisional, organisational, and consolidated financial reports as and when required
- Observe and implement financial policies and procedures for the company
- Previous finance experience in the same or similar role
- People Management Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- IT literacy - Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Sage accounting system knowledge is essential
- Experience in charitable sector is desirable
- Ability to prepare consolidated financial statements is desirable
- Experience dealing with VAT partial exemption is desirable
Why should you apply?
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme
- Income Protection scheme
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On-site free parking
Our client is based in Pride Park, Derby, so if you have access to your own car and live-in Derby or surrounding areas, great! If you are limited to Public transport, there are bus stops a short walk from the site and 10-15-minute work from the train station. Free parking available too.
The Next Stage