Venari Partners is a market-leading executive search firm; we assist clients globally to hire the best available Strategic, Commercial and Operational talent. Based in Shoreditch, we are a fast-growing company with an enviable list of globally recognised clients.
We are currently looking to recruit a part-time finance manager who has previous experience in a similar role, ideally in the recruitment industry. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be part of a small office support team, although work can be performed from home and flexible working will be considered. The successful hire will be responsible for the company’s day to day accounting and financial reporting needs.
Our clientele is very international; circa 80% of our revenue derives from outside the UK[JM1] . We operate an executive search and interim model.
- Maintaining the company’s accounting books and records (on Xero) including all bank/journal postings
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts, including enhancing the current financial reporting to include profitability by division[JM2] etc
- Maintain Sales and Purchase ledgers, including dealing with ongoing matters/queries directly with customers/suppliers
- Management of month-end payroll processes (calculations performed by external accountants)
- Preparing end of year files for external accountants (unaudited accounts)
Some examples of duties include:
- Maintaining and regularly reviewing customer accounts and other nominal analyses, providing regular reports to the Director.
- Provide our customers with accurate information to ensure we adhere to their payment processes.
- Ensure all Invoices are sent on time and are populated with the correct information in a professional format.
- Manage our financial systems, Xero etc.
- Assist with the accounts payable process when necessary.
- Manage our interim contractors ensuring their timesheets are accurate and settled on time.
- Carry out day-to-day collection activities (including reconciliations, payment allocations etc.) to a high quality in a timely and efficient manner.
- Tracking and concise reporting of overdue and aged debts
- Investigation into aged debts, seeking an understanding of the reason for late payment
- Taking corrective action within agreed timeframes and in line with the sales strategy
You will also be asked to perform a variety of other financial duties. Currently, we outsource all our financial processes, but we expect to bring more in-house as we grow. The successful hire should be able to grow with the role and help to challenge the current financial methodology in place.
Ready to make your application Please do read through the description at least once before clicking on Apply.
- You will be an experienced finance professional with experience in providing high quality and timely Management Information, underpinned by robust financial data
- Ideally, you will also have experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining suitable financial systems, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience dealing with invoices, either as a credit controller or in a purchasing position where you have had to negotiate
- Confident communication skills (oral and written), necessary to be able to talk to customers and employees, including the board/senior management
- Strong attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of financial systems and strong excel skills
- The ability to multi-task and manage challenging priorities
- The ability to work autonomously
- Experience using Xero is desired but not necessary
Please note this is a part-time role only