About the role
It’s an exciting time of growth for the charity and we are now seeking a Finance Manager who will oversee the finances of Little Village, ensuring we are in a strong financial position so we can fulfil our ambitious plans. You will ensure that appropriate and accurate accounting records are maintained, and you will contribute to the strategic financial planning of the organisation as we grow beyond a start-up. The Finance Manager will have the support of three local site treasurers, who manage local finances at each of our branches, as well as an active and engaged Board of Trustees. Reasonable expenses will be paid.
HOURS: approx. 3-4 days a month
SALARY: £25,000 per annum, prorated
LOCATION: Mainly home-based, with some meetings across Little Village’s sites in Wandsworth, Camden and Southwark.
PROCESS: The deadline for applications is 20th July. Please send your CV and a short letter outlining why you’re interested in the role, and what you can bring to it, to email@example.com. Do drop us a line with any questions or to fix up an informal chat beforehand – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Main responsibilities and duties
· Quarterly preparation of financial report for trustee board, in conjunction with the finance Trustee, CEO, Site Directors and Site Treasurers as necessary.
· Monthly review of financial position, working with sites to understand anomalies and identify any issues, and ongoing monitoring of performance against budget, including timely flagging of possible cash flow issues.
· Day to day financial management of LV HQ. Processing HQ invoices, allocating funds to sites (e.g. centrally secured grant income), calculating and requesting quarterly site network contributions, keeping Xero entries up to date.
· Monthly review and payment of HQ and board expenses, spot-check on site expenses.
Overall management of Little Village’s cloud accounting system, Xero, including users, chart of accounts, project tracking etc.
· Complete monthly payroll run, to include communication with outsourced payroll provider, quarterly P30 payments, processing employee changes such as salary, on-boarding and leavers.
· Ensure compliance with tax and pension obligations and payments.
· Full participation in annual budgeting process, to be completed in September-November for approval at November/December Trustee meeting.
· Contribution to fundraising strategy to support budgeted operations.
· Budgets will be prepared in conjunction with the finance Trustee, CEO, Site directors and Site treasurers as necessary.
· Working with the Secretary, CEO and finance Trustee to ensure that regulatory requirements are met.
· Preparation of annual accounts and supporting documents.
· Liaison with charity’s independent examiner or auditor as appropriate.
· Qualified accountant, with charity sector experience
· Some previous experience of running or participating in budgeting and/or fundraising processes.
· Knowledge of Xero
· Self-starter, with collaborative working style and excellent organisation
· A commitment to the values and mission of Little Village
· Approximately three days per month - will need some flexibility around timing to meet requirements of the Charity, particularly for budgeting and board meetings
· Attendance at quarterly Trustee board meetings
· Attendance at other events where possible/necessary such as Site events, away days