Newly created Financial Accountant job, part time, flexible hours 22-30 per week
Scroll down to find an in-depth overview of this job, and what is expected of candidates. Make an application by clicking on the ‘apply’ button.
Your new company
Our client is a successful group business based on the outskirts of Carlisle. They have created a new role within their finance team for a qualified Financial Accountant to join them on a part time basis. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant role will incorporate and develop statutory accounting processes to enable detailed financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business that regularly acquires organisations within the group.
Your new role
As Financial Accountant, you will work in a varied role within Head Office, taking responsibility for:
- Undertaking a review of the monthly accounts, highlighting anomalies or areas of concern
- In conjunction with the Group Financial Analyst, provide additional reporting to support any accounting concerns
- To prepare monthly reporting schedules for Board Pack
- Perform monthly balance sheet reviews on all divisions
- Preparation and development of the year end packs
- To assist Head of Finance with the consolidation and provide required information for the Statutory accounts
- To maintain the accounts & cash flows for pension schemes, to become first point of contact in relation to administration requests and provide information to external auditors on annual basis
- To assist the Head of Finance with the Internal/External Audit process and requests
- Responsibility for Working Capital Management, Cash Investments and Treasury function
- To undertake any additional tax enquiries and respond in timely manner to HMRC queries
- To provide detailed tax schedules to our 3rd party Tax advisors
- To oversee and reconcile quarterly share dealing days
- Completion of share returns
- Completion of P11d's
- To work alongside Head of Finance with the annual budgeting process - including preparation of first draft budgets for the group businesses
- To review and question first draft budgets for all businesses and prepare Board summaries
- Credit Referencing activities
- To complete NSO returns in a timely manner
- To prepare/collate information in respect of legal reporting requirements e.g. payment practice reporting
- Facilitate and maintain payment/banking software
- Prepare documentation for Insurance renewal packs and quarterly recharging to the businesses
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an accomplished qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), with a sound working knowledge of accounting processes and statutory accounts. An excellent communicator, you will have the ability to develop and maintain key relationships across the group business, with the ability to plan and prioritise your workload effectively to ensure deadlines are met. With an eye for detail and accuracy, you will have an advanced working knowledge of Excel and Sage 200 would also be beneficial. Occasional travel to other UK sites will be required.
What you'll get in return
This is a part time permanent position 22-30 hours per week, flexible over the business hours. Hybrid working also available. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a continuously successful business with a collaborative and friendly team.
- Salary offered will be dependent on experience and qualification
- 4% matched pension contribution.
- Employee share schemes.
- Annual Dividend Bonus
- 31 days holiday pro rata inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- 3 times death in service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.