about 2 months ago
We are seeking a candidate who is able to work on their own initiative, with the ability to ensure work is carried out accurately and to strict weekly / monthly deadlines. You will be supporting the day to day decision making and controlling the finances.
Bookkeeping responsibilities include:
* Maintaining the company’s financial records through to trial balance stage at year end.
* Assist the external accountant with accruals, prepayments, stock summaries – including information to assist with stock valuations.
* Weekly payroll for a small team of staff.
* Main ledgers will include: Suppliers, Customers, Sales Invoicing, Nominal Ledger and Cashbooks.
* To support with ‘double entry bookkeeping’ – journals essential sales invoicing. (Training will be provided)
* VAT and preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
Other duties will include:
* Maintaining the Health and Safety and Fire Safety records.
* Dealing with the annual insurance reviews and proving information to insurance brokers.
* Responding to emails, copying and filling where necessary.
* Ad-hoc duties as required.
* Part Qualified ACA or ACCA or have AAT Certificate.
* Sage 50 experience,
* Proficiency working with Excel.
* Part time – 3 days per week (days to fit the Directors needs) Opportunity to increase hours in the future.
* £36,400pa pro rata (£21,840pa)
* Working hours – 8am – 5pm
* Pension scheme (Employee pays 5% - Employer pays 3%)
* Holidays: 3/5ths of 30 Days including Stats = 18 days per annum.
* Free local parking
To apply for this role please submit a full CV or contact Emma Easton to discuss further
Role: Financial Accountant / Bookkeeper - Part Time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire,
Apply for this job now.