There’s never been a more significant time to work in Finance at the National Trust. In recent months we have begun to transition to a new delivery model, altering how finance will support the wider organisation going forward. You’ll be joining our expanding team to play an important role in embedding the structure and update our processes to make best use of the benefits available.
Increase your chances of an interview by reading the following overview of this role before making an application.
Your role as a Financial Analyst is key in delivering accurate and timely management accounts, providing analysis and insight into what’s influencing the results. Within the finance model, there’s great opportunity to expand beyond the normal operating arena, exploring projects, reserves management and other areas that support our day to day results.
Please note, this is a part time (22hrs per week) 12 month fixed-term contract with the potential to become permanent. You will work 22.5hours per week, we don't have set days or work patterns in mind so you can discuss the work pattern that best suits you at interview.What it's like to work here
Currently the team is working remotely. Once COVID restrictions ease, you’ll need to be in our office in Trowbridge on average one/two days per week.
You’ll be based at our Trowbridge Finance Service Centre (FSC) alongside other teams responsible for processing all financial transactions for the National Trust. It’s a hugely important and busy function that helps us deliver great service. This vital operation is key in supporting our core purpose, we're part of something important and worthwhile - and we’re proud of that fact.What you'll be doing
As a Finance Analyst, you’ll be providing specialist financial support to the Financial Planning & Insight (FP&I) community. You'll be working within a team to provide regular insight and analysis into regional & directorate account variances and trends. As a team, you'll be the local authority for supplementary finance training to improve understanding of finance essentials at the National Trust. Helping us improve data quality at source.Who we're looking for
- Proactive and enthusiastic, you’ll have a strong understanding of finance systems and management accounting processes.
- You’ll be confident with excel, able to write formulas and run pivots easily.
- Experience building, managing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships. Good communication is a must with this role as you’ll need to work with a variety of people, finance and non-finance alike.
- Comfortable with common accounting terms and practices
- You’ll be able to work at pace and demonstrate the ability to prioritise individual workloads. As part of a team, you'll also be required to work flexibly and share ideas with colleagues.
Benefits of working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.