Founded in 1962, Glion Institute of Higher Education, a brand of the Sommet Education group, is a private Swiss institution offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in hospitality, luxury and event management to an international student body across three campuses in Glion and Bulle, Switzerland, and London, UK.
Our 5 values resonate in you: Development, Distinctiveness, Joint commitment, Openness and Sense of service. You are enthusiastic and you want to be at the vanguard of hospitality and experience education.
You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent discipline and have 3 to 5 years of professional experience in financial modelling, business analysis, FP&A, business integration, analytics in a corporate (HQ) environment (hospitality or education working environment a plus). You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with superior attention to detail. You are an expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint, have advanced computer proficiency in financial forecasting, modelling and reporting systems. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, a high level of independent judgement, initiative, the ability to organise your time efficiently and prioritise multiple tasks together with attention to detail and being able to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
You recognise yourself in this description and our values? Then we are interested in your profile as we are looking for a part time Financial Analyst who will be responsible for:
• Managing campus petty cash reconciliations
• Providing payroll journals
• Providing accrual and provision files
• Participating in and reporting the quarterly KPI meetings with the accounting service providers
• Being a point of contact for GIHE UK team’s financial matters
• Managing the accurate information exchange for student service fees/premise fees with our third party provider
• VAT return while the general accounting team prepare the files
• Ensuring all queries from HMRC, Companies House and the Office for National Statistics are responded to accurately promptly
Financial Planning and Analysis:
• Actively participating in the forecast, budget and LRP processes
• Reporting the movement in student numbers to FP&A
• Assisting with the preparation and submission of departmental planning and capacity analysis
• Analysing business results and providing value-added insights to Management on variances versus budget and forecast
• Assisting the FP&A team in ad-hoc projects, such as real estate development, acquisitions, synergies, efficiencies
• Producing month end detailed reporting for each department in due time and accurately
• Regular meetings with departmental managers to discuss the financial performance and identify risks or savings to the budget
• Developing tools to support departments with decision making.
• Supporting the Finance Director with ad-hoc analysis concerning financial performance