Brand Genetics, a global insight and innovation consultancy, is looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller for 3 days a week (this could be 4 – 5 shorter days and some working from home is also an option) to help manage and enable the next stages of our growth.
We need an experienced and qualified financial specialist who can operate autonomously and doesn’t require a lot of management or supervision. We are looking for someone who is excited by the idea of a flexible role with a small, personable business and has the ability to see the bigger business picture as well as roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to the financial detail.
The flexible days / hours might particularly suit a parent looking to balance child care and a career – with the opportunity for the role to grow as the business grows.
This is an exciting and varied opportunity for the right person to join a growing business, with a unique human-centred culture. The remit is extending as the company grows, including the establishing of overseas offices as separate profit centres – so there is significant potential for growth and progression.
- This is a stand-alone finance role – looking after everything from strategic guidance to the leadership team, management accounting and bookkeeping
- NB: it may be a more junior bookkeeper will be required as an addition to the finance team – but we would like the Financial Controller to assess this and recommend accordingly
- Advising the Directors and helping them with the company’s growth and geographical expansion plans
- Raising and managing all invoicing, preparing financial statements and management reports, as well as being responsible for all purchase and sales ledger work, payroll, VAT returns and staff expenses
- Establishing BG’s LatAm business as a separate profit centre, planning for future US expansion, managing different currencies, and implementing a new financial system to reflect the company’s recent growth achievements, and set it up for continued future growth
More detail can be provided upon application
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate is likely to:
- have previous accounting and bookkeeping experience (this is essential)
- be a qualified or part qualified accountant
- have experience of accounting software (we currently use Kashflow but are planning to change, potentially to Sage)
- be willing to undertake all aspects of the job, many of which are general bookkeeping duties
- be keen to help enable and shape our ambitious growth plans
- be a bright and lively person, who is inspired to work in a creative and future-focused business with a small and personable team (c. 18 people)
- be comfortable working in an open plan office
We value the power of diverse perspectives that come from different backgrounds, nationalities and cultural experiences