VoxSmart is acknowledged globally as the pioneer of mobile voice recording and capture of Instant Messages. Our product VSmart™ is a proprietary, patented and award-winning multichannel mobile compliance platform for heavily regulated industries in financial services. We believe passionately in enabling mobility and helping our clients increase productivity, reduce risk and improve transparency. We know that enabling enterprise mobility requires delivery by an experienced team, an obsession with end-user experience and, above all else, execution with a ruthless focus on security and service quality.
We are looking for an experienced financial controller who works well within a small team. Ideally, the candidate will be experienced to have a handle of this role over 3 days allowing for the flexibility required for work-life balance. We appreciate the need for flexibility and want to find the right person for this role, working with them to accommodate their needs, while executing seamlessly on this role. This role will include all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. You will report to the Head of Finance and be supported by a finance assistant.
- Manage all accounting operations including
- Sales invoicing
- Accounts Receivable and Payable,
- General Ledger and Cost Accounting,
- Payroll and Revenue Recognition
- Implement process improvements to our financial systems.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- File VAT returns on a timely basis and liaise with reporting accountants on the preparation and filing of any relevant R&D tax credits and related Tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the creation of department budgets, forecasting and cashflow management.
- Manage the processing of invoices and management of accounts payable in Xero.
- Processing and reporting of staff expenses and company credit card.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a financial controller
- Experience of using Xero
- ACA qualified
- CIMA qualified
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Proven ability of working under pressure