Our client is an exciting technology start up, requires a talented part time Financial Controller. The role is based in Oxford. You will report to the Director of Finance and help support the ongoing growth of the company. The role is based on Oxford Science Park.
Ensure all your application information is up to date and in order before applying for this opportunity.
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of quarterly accounts and some Investor Reporting
- Management of payroll, liaising with a payroll bureau
- Analysis and control of PSA costs
- Management of the Grant claims and associated time recording
- VAT returns calculation and submission
- Assistance in the preparation of year end audit and tax working papers
- Assisting the Director of Finance with cash forecasting
- Assisting the Director of Finance with budgeting work
- Posting overhead invoices, receipts and cash transactions on the accounting system
- Matching delivery notes and invoices to purchase orders on the procurement system
- Supplier statement reconciliations and supplier queries
- Creating and checking payment run proposals
Required skills for this Financial Controller will include:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or qualifed by experience
- Strong IT skills (including proficiency with Xero Accounting, Word and Excel). Advantageous skills, experience and attributes include:
- Experience of working in SMEs in the technology or Life Science sector.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- A willingness and propensity to take on responsibility and work independently
- Experience of using a Procurement system
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable in a deadline driven environment
This role requires a highly talented and exceptionally capable Financial Controller who has the drive, enthusiasm and motivation to support the ongoing development of this dynamic and rapidly growing business.