Our client, a growing recruitment firm, are looking to hire a Financial Controller to join on a part-time basis. The hire will work very closely with the board to produce MI but remain responsible for the day to day bookkeeping of the business.
They focus on running large scale projects for clients and have seen a substantial upward trend in growth over the last 12 months. Due to the continued expansion of the business they are looking to hire their first person in finance to establish a professional finance function that will allow the business to scale.
The position will require someone to be with the business for 2-3 days per week.
More specific responsibilities
- Production of the management accounts - P+L and Balance Sheet
- Produce monthly MI - create meaningful business insights
- Margin and KPI reports and feedback to the board
- Internal staff payroll and commission calculations
- Credit control - ensure timely receipt of payments and maintain strong cash flow
- Preparation of Board Packs
- Automation, integrating systems and processes with CRM etc (Bullhorn and Cube 19)
- Manage the contractor payroll and billing for the business
- Collaborate with the wider business to continuously improve internal systems and reporting methods
- Prepare year-end audit files in readiness for audit
Other key attributes
· Analytical mindset, Highly numerate
· Advanced Excel Skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot table
· Maximise usage and outputs from Xero
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· A professional service provision demeanor
· Highly organised, methodical and calm in approach and execution of delivery
· Willing to demonstrate flexibility in accommodating business needs by working beyond core hours when required.
- Stakeholder management skills - partnering with sales team and the board