Financial Controller - Part-Time - 50k pro rata - 3-4 days - Charity
Scroll down to find the complete details of the job offer, including experience required and associated duties and tasks.
This Financial Controller position is working with a rapidly growing social welfare charity. Over the past couple of years, they have expanded to provide essential services across the UK and are now looking to hire an experienced charity Financial Controller to maintain the day-to-day running of the finance function.
This role is working on a part-time basis with some opportunity to work remotely as well, they have a strong team and brilliant work ethic. This is a FTC initially for 12months but a strong possibility that the role will go permanent after this.
- Lead on financial accounting for the charity and help develop reporting tools to align with their growth.
- Manage a small team, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Lead on the newly established trading entity for the charity, ensuring accuracy and quality across all areas of this subsidiary.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to drive process improvement, leading on a variety of projects as they upscale including systems upgrade, invoicing protocol, expenses etc.
- Manage the charity VAT and corporation tax process and liaise with tax advisory firms.
- Work closely with various other departments including Fundraising to optimise.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the charity.
- Experience of working in a charity finance remit previously (specifically have knowledge of charity VAT and ideally corporation tax).
- Ideally a qualified accountant.
- Ideally experience of managing a small team.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ambitious and motivated to help the charity achieve their growth plans.
- Ideally have a short notice period (around 1 month).
Please apply now as the organisation are interviewing as soon as they receive applicants.