Like the look of this opportunity Make sure to apply fast, as a high volume of applications is expected Scroll down to read the complete job description.
A successful manufacturing/FMCG company with an excellent reputation in Berkshire Surrey have tasked the Network Professional team with sourcing a Financial Controller for their office location just outside of Reading on a part-time basis. Whilst the company may be local, their exposure has become truly national over the last couple of years, and have seen continued growth, development and professionalism in the last 18 months. With ambitious plans forecasted for the next 18 months, the acquisition of a Financial Controller on a part-time basis will be of immeasurable benefit to the company moving forwards and constitute a career-defining move for a qualified accountant looking for a part-time role.
Your Role and Responsibilities
* Heavily involved in the Financial Planning Analysis, as well as strategic and business planning programs
* Preparation of timely monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary
* Supporting the production of the annual budgets and forecasts, including cash flow forecasting and management of working capital
* Preparing and examining all regular and ad hoc financial reports, analysis and forecasts for the Senior Management Team, ensuring there are no errors or discrepancies
* Reviewing all financial and budget plans regularly to look for cost- reduction opportunities and maximising efficiency
* Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
* Production of annual UK statutory accounts, and acting as the first point of contact of support on internal and external audit queries
What you will need to apply
For this role, candidates will need to be in possession of a relevant qualification (ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) and have proven experience working in a Financial Controller or Manager position.
Additionally, candidates will be expected to possess a strong knowledge of systems and process improvement, be technically-minded and always be looking for cost-saving opportunities. Applicants will be expected to have audit experience, ideally achieved within a practice background, such as having previously undertaken a technical accounting position. Whilst not essential, candidates with exposure or knowledge of the building construction industries will be highly considered.
What you will get in return
This part-time position enables the successful applicant to become heavily involved within a business that has undergone extensive development and professionalising in the last 12 months, and to continue the success they have enjoyed.
Across a 30-hour working week, a salary of 40,000 is on offer (60,000 pro-rata), with additional benefits included to suit the needs of the ideal applicant. This business fits perfectly into the SME sphere, enabling you to have a strong impact and gain positive exposure for your role, whilst being part of a friendly and personable work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please reach out to Joshua Whitton - Talent Acquisition Specialist on or via email at