about 2 months ago
Our client is an established, award winning and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. They design and manufacture bespoke systems for some of the largest OEM’s in the North. They take immense pride in their mission to improve the lives of customers. They possess a strong set of values, and their team work, culture and ethics are at the root of their success.
They are looking to hire a dedicated Part Time Financial Controller. The role will support the team through the provision of effective financial management and presentation of financial information. You will report directly to our Business Operations Manager and work with the Managing Director to deliver outstanding results.
Working alongside the senior management team, the role involves the production of monthly management accounts (profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement) and other financial information derived from the Sage system, and compared to current year budgets, prior year performance etc.
NB: You will be working a minimum of 3 days per week (including a Monday or Tuesday), and a minimum of 20/21 hours, to be undertaken during normal business hours of 8am to 5pm Mo.-Th. and 8 to 1 on Fri. There is an expectation that typically the same 3 days and hours will worked. Some flexibility to working will be necessary though, e.g. monthly management accounts are prepared within five working days of month end. Flexibility to accommodate this is essential, as is the flexibility to accommodate other business needs that may arise from time to time. The role is primarily office based, with some home working.
KEY DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
* Calculation and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments
* Delivery and submission of quarterly VAT returns
* Manage cash flow – which involves making payments, controlling direct debits, contra, and updating the Managing Director weekly
* Control of various bank accounts
* Daily and monthly bank reconciliation for various accounts
* Approve and liaise with external payroll supplier
* Approve pensions monthly and update any pension changes with external support
* Liaison with the company’s external auditors
* Ensure accounting software is up to date
* Liaise with the external accountant and other professionals as and when required
* Complete all other monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including bank manager reports and ONS requests.
* Monitor customer credit limits ensuring they are adequate for current/forecast trading and liaise with trade credit insurance company
* Manage credit control
* Other ad hoc reports may also be also be required on a daily or weekly basis
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* In-depth knowledge and reporting capability of Sage 50 Accounts
* Qualified or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
* Demonstrable experience in a similar role and industry
* Highly advanced numerical skills, ability to manipulate large volumes of complex data and carry out detailed analysis.
* Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to resolve complex issues
* Ability to provide effective leadership with the Office/Customer Service Manager reporting to you.
* Competent at preparing a set of accounts, and comfortable with day-to-day bookkeeping activities
* Strong communication and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, working independently and within a team and deliver in a fast-paced environment
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics / some HR task exposure (for maternity or holiday support) / holiday / sickness cover / Experience gained in a similar sized SME
Details of Package:
Up to £45,000 PA Pro Rata (Dep on Exp.) + Benefits. Hrs: Mon to Fri 0800 to 1700 with Flexible working
Role: Financial Controller – Permanent (Part Time)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham,
Apply for this job now.