Our client, a top tier firm, are looking for a pensions professional support lawyer to join them as soon as possible. This role will sit within the firm's Employment, Pensions and Incentives Group who work across Bristol, Manchester and London. The team focus on contentious, non-contentious and regulatory pensions work. The team advises employers and trustees on pension scheme restructuring and governance, with assets up to £1bn. Key sector focuses are financial services and public sector, particularly central government and education.
In addition to being a member of the Pensions team, this Pensions PSL role will also be part of the wider Knowledge Management Team, headed by the Head of Knowledge Management, which comprises a central KM team, the firm's Library and Information Services (LIS) and the team of PSLs who work within the various groups.
The role is a part time, permanent contract based at an office of your choice with occasional travel to support the pensions team in our other offices. We are very flexible on the hours and days you would like to work, offering up to 21 hours a week, with a minimum of 14 hours a week.
The role involves, but is not limited to:
- Working proactively with client teams and Business Development to raise the profile of the group by co-ordinating and delivering articles, updates, training and products for clients and helping cement relationships with clients and contacts
Apply promptly! A high volume of applicants is expected for the role as detailed below, do not wait to send your CV.
- Undertaking complex legal research to provide support on client matters and business development activities
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders along with Business Development to enable the team to exploit business opportunities
- Managing and delivering the team's knowledge training programme
- Developing know how resources and other resources to support the practice of the Pensions team
- Keeping up to date with legal, business and industry developments and disseminating it to our lawyers and clients proactively
- Drafting, maintaining and updating the team's precedents to ensure they represent best practice
- Working with other PSLs and the KM team to support and promote the knowledge management function
- Leading and delivering firm wide KM projects as required in line with the firm's knowledge strategy.
The ideal candidate will have prior PSL experience, but fee earners, with at least 6 years' experience looking to make the transition into a support role will also be considered
Candidates must be technically excellent in all areas of pensions law, with commercial awareness and enthusiasm about business development; able to digest, analyse and succinctly communicate large amounts of legal and industry information to both internal and external clients
You will be an outgoing, self-motivated individual, with a strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical, communication and organisational skills
You will be able to manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines and you will possess strong project management skills.
To be considered for this role, please get in touch with Jennifer Wellspeak
/ -please include salary expectation as well.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.