This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work Flexibly.
Everyone’s lives are different. Maybe you have a start-up business that only takes up some of your time, or perhaps you volunteer and want to get paid work around volunteering? Or you could be a parent or carer taking time-out to support your family? Or are you semi-retired but still want to supplement your income? Maybe you’ve taken a career break and are looking to get back into work?
There are all sorts of reasons why a traditional working pattern may not be quite right for you and why working more flexibly with us could be just what you were looking for.
The types of flexible working arrangements we can offer are:
- Working for part of the year (if you’d like to work term-time only because of childcare commitments, or if you’d prefer to have the summer off to pursue a hobby, for example)
- Working a set number of days a year with the flexibility to agree when that is.
- Part time hours throughout the year.
Within our Centre of Excellence we deploy cutting-edge technology to allow you to work effectively without the need for regular travel away from your base office. So if commitments outside of work mean that you prefer not to travel to clients frequently then the Centre of Excellence could be the place for you.
A career in our Assurance Transformation Centre of Excellence practice, within Assurance Transformation Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You’ll focus on enhancing our services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluating complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our team, you’ll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, providing you with exposure to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexity. You’ll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You’ll develop specialist Assurance knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits and lead innovation in a range of areas, with an initial focus on pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
- Auditing of Pensions balances
- Auditing of Share Based Payments
- Auditing of tax
- Execute the audit in these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
- Have flexibility in when and how you work, utilising technology and best practice virtual working to coach and interact with teams of clients remotely
- Provide coaching and support to more junior team members.
- Liaise with clients to complete audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established audit clients.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service.
- Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills to provide insights to clients.
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skills.
- Have access to internal mobility both nationally and internationally.
- Developing deep, respected specialisms in more complex areas.
- Working with and becoming brilliant, high performing experts in their field.
- Driving innovation and thought leadership.
- Helping drive PwC Assurance strategy, by shaping a critical element of our delivery model.
- ACA /ACCA (or equivalent) and working towards your full ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualification, or equivalent work experience in Audit
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by◦helping further define the CoE mode
- ◦embracing virtual working and other technology
- ◦defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills.
- An ability to work under their own initiative, and under pressure.
- A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
- A desire to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple engagements at the same time and prioritising appropriately.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills.
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important.