This is for a senior position covering Flow Rates within the EMEA Risk Management team, which involves the following responsibilities, amongst others:
* Daily aggregation, validation, and monitoring of risk. Regular reporting of risk positions, limit breaches, and stress testing results for firm management and regulatory compliance.
* Identification and investigation of changes to risk profile, including analysis of VaR and stress drivers. Communication of findings to management.
* Working with the front office to understand and address breaches as necessary.
* Reviewing new transaction requests, identifying and assessing the key risk issues, including capital impacts.
* Developing a good understanding of risk systems and help to drive improvements where necessary.
* Ad hoc risk-related projects and infrastructure building.
* Keeping abreast of relevant market events and drivers.
Key objectives critical to success:
* Diligence/attention to detail and strong analytical skills to recognize/investigate significant changes in risk
* Strong communication skills to make management aware of said changes and new positions as they arise.
* Good prioritization skills and a strong work ethic to see each task assigned done thoroughly and correctly.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
* Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, or related quantitative field, or the equivalent work experience
* Familiarity with vanilla rates products and markets, and rate portfolio risk profiles, including understanding of Greeks and impact on VaR.
* Strong communication skills
* At least 5 years' experience in a risk or control related function in financial services institution.
* Detailed and process orientated.
* Takes initiative and is proactive.
Culture & Conduct:
- Makes significant culture contribution
- Sets diverse / inclusive work environment
- Demonstrates high professional integrity
- Actively participates in development opportunities
- Actively leverages strengths and addresses weaknesses
Client-Centricity & Business Acumen:
- Expert in own business area, understands its market
- Generates commercial ideas to benefit clients
- Identifies and articulates core issues
- Assimilates and articulates complex information
- Develops workable recommendations
Strategy & Innovation:
- Translates divisional and firm-wide strategies into plans
- Contributes innovative / entrepreneurial ideas
- Builds on others' insights and turns ideas into reality
- Knows when to decide / when to escalate
- Recognizes and takes action when changing circumstances require new approaches
- Adapts swiftly
Leadership & Collaboration:
- Diligently and objectively evaluates own and others' performance throughout the year
- Identifies quality people
- Recognizes / communicates results, successes and learnings
- Collaborates within and across teams, involving the right people
- Supports / challenges colleagues
- Enables formal / informal development
- Anticipates potential conflict, takes steps to resolve
Communication & Connectivity:
- Listens and communicates effectively at all levels
- Moves negotiations / discussions forward
- Gains co-operation / support for ideas
- Grows / maintains internal / external network
- Proactively works across teams / functions
Execution & Delivery:
- Inspires positive commitment in others
- Keeps self / others focused on meeting goals
- Identifies conflicting priorities and manages accordingly
- Communicates changes to plans to relevant people
- Maintains commitment in the face of challenges
- Handles difficult feedback positively and constructively