Our client is a well-respected Charity with a great profile. Due to illness, they are looking to recruit an Interim Finance Manager as soon as possible for a minimum of 6 weeks, possibly longer. Offering a blended role with around 2 days a week on site and 2 days a week from home this is an interesting opportunity to work for an organisation where you can make a difference. Flexible hours and the option to work full time (5 days a week) available if preferred.
Find out more about this role by reading the information below, then apply to be considered.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or QBE
- Available at short notice
- Prior experience as a Finance Manager
- Knowledge of Sage 50
The role entails several interesting projects which include working on a new business plan, budgeting for next financial year, reporting on a number of programmes and grants received, undertaking cashflow forecasts alongside their AGM and adoption of the accounts, as well as all the routine tasks of a finance team.
Business planning and performance
- Lead on finance management, contributing to strategic business planning ensuring the most effective use of financial and other resources, and advise the Board and Senior Management in these areas
- Devising and managing the implementation of financial information as part of company strategy
- Reviewing and updating financial policies and procedures
Making the most effective and efficient use of financial and other resources
- Prepare management accounts monthly, consulting with Chief Executive and management team on issues arising
- Lead budget creation process each year, monitoring budget against performance and re-forecasting
- Lead on cash flow management, preparing cash flow forecasts
- Monitor corporate reporting to ensure the timely compliance with all necessary financial requirements of stakeholders and governing bodies, e.g. Companies House, Charity Commission etc.
- To maintain a Financial Risk Management policy for the organisation
- Input to funding applications and management of statutory and charitable grants, overseeing and reporting on restricted funds
- Lead on the annual tax relief claim, ensuring the Company is maximising its claims, and that claims are submitted as soon as possible after year-end
- Oversee preparation and submission of Gift Aid claims
- Seeking out opportunities for income development, from commercial activities, and from making the best use of cash investments
- To be responsible for Audit. To ensure that appropriate financial policies and controls are in place using criteria set under the Charities SORP to support financial decision-making, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and good practice. To liaise with the external auditors, currently responsible for preparing the Statutory Accounts, regarding the audit process and the production of the statutory accounts
- Reviewing VAT return before submission
- Ensure that legislation, best practice, timely reporting and systems controls are effected to optimise financial control and analysis
- Managing and calculating yearly depreciation costs
Reporting to the Board committees
- Attend Finance and General Purposes Committee meetings (currently 4 times a year) to present Management Accounts, reporting on key issues.