Are you an experienced General Manager/Operating Manager/COO with a passion for helping small businesses grow?
We are working with an entrepreneurial growing organisation that specialises in providing technology solutions in the oil & gas industry.
Run by a husband and wife, the business has expanded to 30 staff members and is now at the stage where it requires a General Manager / Operating Manager to take over the day to day running of the business, freeing up the Directors to concentrate on client development.
The scope of the role is broad and will include:
- Reviewing and managing commercial contracts with clients
- Managing staff, resourcing of projects, quarterly reviews and HR contracts.
- Liaising with internal accountant on monthly performance
- Managing the forthcoming office move
- Managing office lease
- Managing service contracts such as software
- Managing the holiday and leave process
- Liaising with the Directors on client profitability, staffing issues, general management issues etc.
The ideal candidate will have hands on operational experience of running either a small business or be an experienced lawyer who has worked in a role that goes further than just providing legal advice. You must have experience in managing a team and be someone who loves adding commercial insights to a company.
The role is either 4 or 5 days a week and is office based. As the owners themselves are parents they understand that balancing family commitments can be a juggle so are happy to discuss with the successful candidate a working pattern that makes life sustainable.