Governance & Control Analyst
- A Governance & Control Analyst
- Based in our head offices in Swindon
- £25,421 - £36,720 pa based on a 35 hour week
- Flexible working conditions considered.
- This is a 12 month Contract.
- Closing date Sunday Novemeber 4 2018
At Nationwide, we go to great lengths to protect both our business and our members. As a Governance and Control Analyst, you’ll help us to manage our key Governance and Control Policy so that our members can enjoy the experience they expect from us.
A challenging role:
In this role, you will be required to provide expert input and analysis on the Governance and Control of the Member Communications Policy, and support the Society in managing and monitoring its Member Communications. Furthermore, you will be pivotal in providing support to policy supporting forums and producing the regular management information to enable the business to ensure it is compliant with its Member Communications Policy, specifically:
- Support the Lead Governance and Control Manager with the embedding of a robust Member Communications Policy;
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate MI that is designed to monitor compliance and adherence to the Policy;
- Deliver effective reporting capability to ensure that senior management are provided with key management information on a regular and timely basis;
- Facilitate the Member Communications Governance Forum and supporting Working Group to help support the success of the Member Communications Policy, ensuring the meeting packs are created and distributed in a timely manner. Taking minutes and actions in the sessions and tracking the progress of these through to completion;
- Manage housekeeping activities to support the success of the Member Communications Policy;
- Conduct control testing for the Member Communications Policy;
- Provide the business with support and guidance and where applicable help facilitate policy workshops;
- Maintain and update guidance documentation and eLearning modules to support the policy
- Monitor the progress of 2nd and 3rd Line actions relating to the policy;
A talented person:
You will need:
- Governance and Control within the financial services environment
- Experience of delivering accurate MI which is clear for stakeholders to understand
- Strong attention to detail and quality check
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Experience in data analysis and ability to identifying trends
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise a varied and multi layered work schedule
Not essential, but it would be good to have experience of
- Conducting controls testing
- Completing meeting governance activities such as creating forum packs and taking actions
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work for us
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.