A Group Accountant is required to support the FD of a prestigious investment company based in Central London. This is a permanent part time role (3 days per week) and will be part of a small finance and operations team responsible for the day-to-day accounting for the UK operating entities.
Apply (by clicking the relevant button) after checking through all the related job information below.
- Group accountant will report to the Group Finance Director and in addition to accounting will also support with compliance matters
- Maintenance of accounting system (currently SAGE)
- Accounts payable and receivable, including monthly invoicing of clients
- Setting up payments for authorization
- Monitoring of bank accounts
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation of financial procedures
- Production of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Cash flow monitoring
- Liaising with external accountants/registrars for the production of group and UK year end statutory accounts and tax returns
- Supporting FD in preparation of quarterly board packs
- Supporting the CEO/FD with ad hoc analysis
- Running monthly payroll for UK staff
- Provision of reports to pensions and benefits providers
- Supporting the Compliance Officer (the FD) in the monitoring of compliance procedures
- Support the preparation of FCA returns
- Support preparation of documents for Group Risk & Governance committee
- Attend meeting with group compliance consultants
- Qualified or part qualified Accountant
- Experience of FCA compliance is beneficial but not essential
- London based, with potential for some home working
- 3 days per week
- Salary £35-40,000 (full time equivalent/this equates to £21,000-£24,000 for the 3 days)
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey and London