Purpose of the Role:
The primary role of the Group Brand Manager is to support with the development of the McLaren brand and its international profile, as it applies to the McLaren Group companies and activities. As a guardian of the McLaren brand, the Brand Manager ensures consistency across all brand touch points through the creation of guidelines and brand materials.
This is a part-time position, working 3 days per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) from 9am to 6pm.
The role is based in Woking, and reports to the Group Brand Director. There may be some international travel and flexibility with working hours is required.
- Custodian of the digital asset management system and responsibility for version control and dissemination of up-to-date brand assets to internal and third party users
- Rigorous QC of marketing collateral
- Responsible for evolving the F1 digital garage environment in-line with brand and partner initiatives and delivering content packages in-line with content management plans
- Work collaboratively with other cross-company functional areas to ensure relevant and appropriate application of brand standards
- Support and manage special brand projects, as required
- Manage third party agencies, their briefing, defining scopes of work, and delivery on projects
- Act as a brand ambassador both internal and externally
- Support with financial reconciliation across brand projects and activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Manage multiple initiatives with strong organisation and project management skills
- Knowledge of asset rights management and global / local market differentiators
- A working knowledge of asset management systems; metadata management, version control and archiving
- Familiarity with digital file formats, the Creative Cloud Suite and content production workflows
- Develop collaborative stakeholder strategies to effectively bed-in new brand initiatives across the company
- Ability to anticipate workflow bottlenecks, and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Ability to manage third party agencies and contractors remotely, across timezones, to identify and troubleshoot issues in live scenarios
- Confidence to act independently, but with the ability to know when issues need to be escalated to achieve prompt resolution
- Experience of handling commercially sensitive information and data with discretion
We are looking for someone who is...
- An influencer – the ability to prioritise and engage different stakeholder groups
- Results driven and comes with an outstanding work ethic and expects the best
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in partnerships, networks and alliances
- Self-motivated with a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances
- Highly organised – the ability to prioritise, manage to deadlines and escalate where necessary
- A clear, concise and engaging communicator
- Creative – resourceful, imaginative, inquisitive, challenges convention and thinks intuitively and creatively
- Detailed – has great attention to details and exacting standards
- A role model – is an evangelist for the McLaren brand and best practice