Group Tax Accountant (PART-TIME)
Salary up to £55,000 (full-time equivalent)
We are recruiting a UK Tax Accountant to work for a FTSE 250 International company specialising in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets.
In this newly created role, you will support the Group Tax Manager in handling the UK corporation tax computations and returns, UK statutory accounts tax disclosures, capital allowances, Research & Development tax credits and Patent Box regime claims. There will also be a degree of ad hoc project work, such as transfer pricing, indirect taxes and globe tax compliance.
The role has a base location of Coventry, West Midlands but flexible working is on offer.
Key duties include:
- Preparation of UK corporation tax computations and returns to a high standard, using the Alpha tax software package, ready for Group Tax Manager review. This will include extensive contact with multiple finance teams across the UK to gather the necessary information. You will have the freedom to change existing processes to make the tax compliance more efficient.
- Preparation, in conjunction with external advisors, of capital allowance, research and development and patent box claims. This will include discussions with a variety of people across the business, including property managers, finance teams and engineers.
- Preparation of UK statutory account tax disclosures and assistance with group tax reporting.
- Ad hoc project work
Key skills and competencies required:
- You will have relevant experience in a Tax accounting role, whether this be gained in professional services & consultancy, or through a Tax position in industry.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP standards and excellent knowledge of tax accounting standards.
- Ideally you will have chartered accountant status or be working towards this - ACA, ACCA, CTA or equivalent
- Manufacturing, engineering or similar industry / client experience is highly desirable
- Alphatax software experience is highly desirable
What else do I need to know?
- 24 hours a week, working pattern flexible to suit you
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Permanent role with FTSE250 industry leader
- Based at brand new, modern offices near to Coventry
- Must be eligible for BPSS security clearance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading organisation and progress your career in an interesting environment. If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply online.