Are you the right applicant for this opportunity Find out by reading through the role overview below.
Chase & Holland are delighted to be working exclusively with this market leading, fast growing company who are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their group finance function as Group Tax Manager.
The Group Tax Manager will have the opportunity to shape this newly created role and support the growth and expansion of the Group’s operations in the UK and globally. There is flexibility for 3 full days or 4/5 part time days for the right person and the option for flexible working patterns to suit including home working.
You will report into the Head of Financial Accounting and will be responsible for managing the Group’s direct and indirect taxes across all jurisdictions and ensuring compliance with tax legislation. As tax is so broad you will be the main point of contact in the business and field any complex questions to the external advisors when required.
The Part Time Group Tax Manager role will involve:
- Ensure the Group meets and maintains all tax compliance requirements
- Oversee and review VAT compliance across the group including preparation of VAT returns in the UK, Ireland and International
- Act as main point of contact with the Groups UK and International Tax Advisors
- Review and refinement of direct and indirect tax governance policies, processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of the groups working practices
- Manage tax impact proactively of any business development, new business or locations. Advising of any tax implications of various scenarios
- Assist the Head of Financial Accounts with year end submissions
- Opportunity for the role to evolve as the business grows internationally
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified) with strong PQE experience
- Strong indirect tax experience gained in a top tier accounting firm or industry setting
- Working knowledge of other taxes, particularly corporation tax
- Exceptional internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic and problem-solving approach
- Ability to make recommendations and drive improvements
- Driven and diligent individual with commercial acumen
- A genuine opportunity to add value and progress with the business
- Working within a friendly and exciting Finance team
- Annual bonus and benefits package including agile and remote working
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire.