Head of Assessment and Selection (12m FTC)
Part Time- 3 Days
BUK Talent Acquisition are a connected team of dedicated, professional resourcing experts with a range of expertise and experiences. We share knowledge, platforms, skills and responsibility. We are market specialists connected through a shared desire to understand, find, attract, engage, assess and select the best talent to each of our businesses via an exquisite candidate experience. We support our businesses by finding the talent we need today and in the future.
- To deliver robust, appropriate and future focused assessment and selection practices across BUK, as well as bringing SME enterprise-wide to support learnings, synergies and efficiencies.
- To inspire and enable our external partner(s) to bring ideas, innovation and best practice to our selection and assessment strategy
- Ensure our internal stakeholders are fully informed, engaged and supported on the purpose and use of our selection and assessment practices and activities.
- Support the outcome of a pre-assessed workforce through selection and assessment.
What will you be doing?
- SME: conduct regular reviews of up-to-date assessment & selection trends/research/providers to further develop our knowledge base and thought leadership in this space; build knowledge and appreciation of the wider resourcing priorities and help drive a shared and consistent assessment methodology
- Performance and continual improvement: day-to-day management of SHL; monitor, analyse and audit package performance through SHL MI dashboard and reports to drive data-led decisions; ensure a continued lens on reasonable adjustment/disability confident; ensure we are maximising the opportunities our contract outlines; management of new/additional partners supporting new initiatives and pilots; robust cost and control of all 3rd party activity
- Barclays Resourcing: training and ongoing support to ensure full understanding of our A&S practices, why we do it and what it tells us, ensuring colleagues are equipped to communicate clearly to their businesses; constantly assess understanding and engagement; proactively interpret potential problems and work to shape clear solutions.
- People Equation: management and SME support for key projects, focusing on improved candidate experience, pre-assessed talent pools and internal mobility. Continue to look for ways to link our assessment ambitions to the wider people strategy.
- Innovation: Mobile first; Precise Fit; new opportunities presented internally and via partners to continue to evolve our A&S offering
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of Selection & Assessment - why it's used, what measurements are applied and how on-going improvements can be applied - either via qualification or hands-on experience
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers/partners
- Experience of project management within a large and complex organisation
- Understanding of candidate experience and expectations throughout an application process.
- Experience of a recruitment outsourcing model/environment
- Experience in delivering findings to stakeholders who may be unfamiliar with advanced data techniques and technical jargon.
- Experience working in an agile environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ideally holding a qualification relevant to the role eg: Occupational Psychology, Cognitive Psychology/Science, Neuroscience or related discipline
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and partners/agencies
Where will you be working?
- Canary Wharf, London
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.