Head of Commercial
Reporting to CEO
London / Remote working
Diversity is a reality. Inclusion is a choice.™
Frost Included Ltd, f(i), is a consultancy that brings together smart people who care about diversity and inclusion in order to build more inclusive organisations.
f(i) builds inclusive cultures through developing leadership and re-engineering systems and processes. We positively disrupt the Boardroom in corporations, academia, media and government. We achieve measurable change - greater representation (diversity) and more conscious decision-making (inclusion) to benefit individuals, organisations and the world at large. Our work covers five areas:
- Strategy: we work directly with CEOs and HRDs to make D&I part of corporate strategy
- Data: we design, model and measure inclusion to permit more accurate interventions
- Governance: we observe and improve corporate decision making from Board to shop floor
- Leadership: we deliver keynotes, hackathons and our full Inclusive Leadership programme to reframe inclusion as a personal leadership responsibility
- Systems: we de-bias critical business processes such as recruitment and procurement
f(i) has world-class capabilities in designing and implementing programmes in the public, private and third sectors. Founded as a legacy of the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, we are passionate about benefitting the clients we work with. They range from world-renowned tech and finance companies to universities, charities and TV companies. Whilst a significant proportion of our clientele are based in London and the UK, we work internationally. f(i) creates real impact - we are a scale-up with big ambition and want to achieve even more.
This is not a typical sales role. It’s commercial but with a profound purpose - promoting our services that change mindsets and behaviours, that drive organisational change, and ultimately positively impact the wider world.
The Head of Commercial is responsible for implementing sales strategies to deliver against revenue targets and ultimately business growth for f(i). Reporting to the CEO, you will lead and manage the company’s commercial strategy including all pre-sales and sales activity. This includes preparing sales pitches, responding to tenders and reactive work. Comfortably switching between high-level strategy and day-to-day tactics, you will build and develop strong relationships with clients across multiple industries and sectors, helping to achieve our strategic priorities.
- Commercial strategy: Overall accountability to devise and implement our commercial plans
- Sales: Deliver against quarterly sales targets and take overall accountability for revenue
- Growth: Pursue a client acquisition and retention strategy, setting clear goals for performance and growth aligned to our priority areas
- Client management: Oversee the client management process from start to finish, establish key contacts across target sectors, manage the CRM system and run weekly sales meetings
- Stakeholders: Maintain excellent and mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders, including colleagues, clients, Board, JV partners, professional organisations and suppliers
- Pitches: Develop and create bespoke tenders, proposals and pitches. Review contracts and make commercial recommendations
- Expertise: Be plugged in and represent f(i) at industry events and forums. Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and trends in order to react strategically
- Marketing: Oversee all aspects from PR agency to digital and social media operations (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, others) - involving/in collaboration with others as necessary
- Proven track record in sales leadership, delivery, pipeline growth and overachieving against revenue targets
- Confident in sales knowledge - strategy such as brand positioning, as well as nuts and bolts of pipeline management. JV and partnerships experience desirable
- Strategic mindset with exceptional clarity of thought and experience of corporate strategy – adopt a business-wide approach, not just sales in isolation
- Evidence of having managed, maintained and leveraged a CRM system
- Outstanding client communications - proposals, tenders, pitches and presentation skills – expertise with presentation software such as PowerPoint, Keynote and the latest multi-media technology
- Excellent client management skills to deepen existing client relationships and build new ones - ability to handle difficult, even unfriendly, situations in a calm manner. Consulting experience desirable
- Evidence of having conducted and acted upon competitor and product analysis as well as client surveys and feedback
- A team player who puts colleagues and the work before themselves and their ego. Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Honest and direct - a willingness to listen, learn and adapt to the f(i) brand where we speak truth unto power
- Ability to challenge and hold your ground in an empathetic and non-defensive manner. Value and demonstrate humour and humility in approach
- Impact/results-focused, a passion for inclusion and meritocracy and an appreciation of the value D&I can bring to organisations and the wider world
- Committed to creative and innovative solutions with proven experience of new technology
- Prepared to travel overseas on occasion
Why you should apply
- We genuinely live our values - Courage to be disruptive (Speak truth unto power), Restless and tenacious (Achieve the highest standards) and Dare to be different (Be yourself, flex your role, have fun)
- We provide a flexible work environment to allow all employees to perform at their best - f(i) is a virtual team and all benefit by working from home. This offers flexibility, minimal travel costs and a chance to work your contracted hours around your lifestyle
- Collaborative f(i) support and accelerated professional development. We are in touch daily, meet regularly via Skype and hold quarterly retreats in person at fun locations.
- We offer the opportunity to work with world-class clients at a senior level and impact Executive decision-making
- Be part of the management team of a truly unique impact-led business in the growth phase
How to apply
We are committed to fair, de-biased recruitment and selection, therefore, applications will only be received via the Applied platform.
Closing date extended to 19 Janaury 2020. Interviews end January 2020.