Head of Finance (Part-time employment, 2-3 days a week, immediate start, £70-80k pro rata)
Anna Mason is a leading London-based independent British luxury womenswear label. Established by Anna in 2013, we are stocked by online retailers including Net a Porter and Saks, as well as selling direct from our studio and via our website, AnnaMasonLondon.com. Over 75% of our customers buy from us repeatedly, having experienced their ‘Anna Mason moment’ in our luxurious, stylish clothes.
We are a small business – revenues of £500k-£1m and with a London team of around 10 - that has had to postpone exciting international growth plans for 2020/21 due to the global pandemic. However, we have successfully pivoted while continuing to trade throughout and those growth plans remain for when conditions allow later this year.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Head of Finance with luxury or fashion sector and/or SME experience to help us navigate through the remainder of the current conditions and be ready to spring back with our clients as they are released from the constraints of the coronavirus.
Reporting to Anna, the right person will be expected to be able to manage the ‘finance basics’ to a high standard, report performance in a meaningful way, both as part of the monthly management accounting cycle and also on an ad-hoc basis, set and manage budgets, and contribute to long-term planning and strategic thinking. Finance is relied upon to drive revenue and gross margin and to help the business maintain sensible structures around its creative excellence and luxury product.
The right person will immediately thrive and add value in an SME environment where you are expected to contribute beyond just the finance brief; commercial input should be a given, helping the team to think about contracts and manage supplier and partner relationships in a way that really drives value. You will also be expected to lead on HR and take a key role in managing legal questions.
The role will oversee outsourced bookkeeping, payroll and accounting.
● Full ownership of the company financial and accounting processes
● Lead on monthly reporting
● Drive revenues, gross margins and profitability
● Contribute to the operational and strategic direction of the company
● Creating detailed company forecasts and setting budgets
● Implementing and reporting on company KPI's
● Developing and maintaining first class systems and controls
● Leading on cashflow management
● Overseeing HR matters
● Managing year end processes, including annual financial statement and tax filings preparation with external provider
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Qualified ACA, or ACCA, with around 5 years PQE spent in an SME environment
● Highly motivated and proactive self-starter
● Balance sheet management – experience of creative project management from a financial perspective - e.g. deferred income, WIP, monitoring cash to complete, etc.
● Experience of managing a business with international reach, and ideally non-UK suppliers and client accounts, for example including tax, duties and pricing issues
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Previous experience of managing and developing staff
● Excellent Excel skills
Salary range £70-80k pro rata subject to experience. Initially 2 days a week rising to 3 as business increases.