2to3days is a purpose driven company whose mission it is to advance women’s equality at work through the power of flexible working. Created in 2015, 2to3days has been built from the founder’s kitchen table.
We are driven to change the working landscape for women of today and for future generations. We have an excellent reputation of partnering with innovative businesses and working with high calibre women who are looking for a diverse range of business and professional roles across the UK.
We are a dynamic, nimble team with agency support. Our head office is the Founders’ home in South West London. All the team work remotely and flexibly even before Lockdown and as a team we are all required to be available to meet face to face in London as the business needs require.
Having proven our concept we are now looking to complete a further investment round in order that we can scale the business. The business imperative is to be investor ready by May. We therefore need to find ourselves a brilliant Head of Finance who would relish the opportunity to join our start up, provide us with the financial rigour required to ensure that the financial modelling for the Investor memorandum is spot on and able to take the business to the next stage of growth.
As the business grows the demand on your time will also grow so we are ideally looking for someone who has the capacity to flex their time and grow with the business. This role is therefore ideally suited to someone running a portfolio career. Initially we anticipate requiring your support 2 to 4 days a month. Therefore you would start working for us on an agreed day rate and look to convert this to a salary in line with the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for the financial strategy as well as being expected to oversee the bookkeeping, payroll and accounting ensuring they are all carried out to a high standard and delivered on time. A key part of the financial strategy is to bring fresh commercial thinking to how we grow the business and work with our clients and partners to drive real value to both our internal and external stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Full ownership of the company financial and accounting processes
- Lead on monthly reporting and attendance at the monthly management meetings, providing strategic guidance and direction.
- Drive revenues, gross margins, and profitability
- Creating detailed company forecasts, setting budgets, and understanding variances against the budget.
- Implementing and reporting on company KPI's
- Developing and maintaining first class systems, processes, and controls
- Leading on cash flow management, including cash forecasting, and working capital movements.
- Managing year end processes, including annual financial statement and tax filings preparation with external provider
- Stakeholder management, particularly where investors may be involved. Oversight of the financial modelling provided to investors, and relevant investor reporting.
- Support and mentorship to other finance employees in the organisation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACA, or ACCA, with around 5 years PQE spent in an SME environment
- Balance sheet management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to numerical detail
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
- Excellent Excel skills
- Previous experience of stakeholder management.
- Highly motivated and proactive self-starter
- Share our passion and purpose
- Comfortable working for a start up - in fact relish the opportunity!
Time and Remuneration
We anticipate that the business will need you 3 - 4 days per month at a rate of £500-£650 per day