The Girls’ Network is looking for an experienced financial professional to take both a strategic view and play a ‘hands-on’, day-to-day function as Head of Finance and Operations.
The charity is in an exciting period of growth, and is looking for someone with the rigor and attention to detail to grow and manage our financial infrastructure, supporting our continued growth and allowing us reach more girls and young women across the country.
The role is part-time and will suit those looking to work flexibly. We are open to applications from those with experience of working in small organisations, or those with experience of a larger organisation and looking for a change.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the CEO and Board of Trustees, lead on all financial aspects of the Charity, including :
- Working with the CEO and SLT to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Charity
- Financial management, controls and compliance
- The reporting and analysis of all financial information
- Ensuring the Charity delivers outcomes which are efficient, effective and offer value for money consistent with the Charity’s constitution
- Ensuring the Board of Trustees are kept informed of all matters relating to the financial performance of the Charity
Salary: Up to £25,000 pro rata (£40-45,000 per year FTE)
- Responsible for the day to day management of the accounts, payroll and reporting
- Responsible for the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and quarterly financial reports to the Board of Trustees
- Oversight of financial controls across the organisation
- Deliver the budget process and oversee quarterly reforecasting, revised budgets etc.
- Provide analysis and financial support to CEO and the Senior Leadership Team
- Work with the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team in the development and delivery of Strategic and Operational Plans
- Lead the auditing process and manage relationship with the auditor
- Responsible for ensuring the Charity has adequate insurance cover
Policies, Compliance and Legal
- Ensure the Charity is compliant with all aspects of Charity Law
- Assist Senior Leadership team in developing policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure organisational compliance with internal policies
- Ensure organisational compliance with external policies and legal entities
- Working with the CEO & SLT, to lead on risk management monitoring and reporting
- Assist in the implementation and management of Salesforce
- Ensure data management policies are followed across the organisation
- Oversee GDPR compliance across the organisation, and ensure the charity is in line with the latest guidance and laws
Technology and Office
- Assess technology needs and recommend the solutions as and when needed
- Manage existing technology platforms and subscriptions, including Google drive, Office 365 and Slack
- Member of the Senior Leadership team
- Responsible to the Board of Trustees for all matters relating to financial probity and solvency
- Attendance at, and presenting of figures and papers in, Audit and Risk committee meetings and full board meetings
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation – such as reporting, attending team and Board meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks.
- Understand the development of policy affecting girls, education and housing nationally and in the region, and understand the impact and implications for The Girls’ Network programmes
- Advocate and promote The Girls’ Network at every opportunity - for example, through local media, PR activities and social media
- A relevant financial qualification
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to write reports accurately and clearly
- Flexibility and an ability to work at both a strategic and ‘grassroots’ level
- Knowledge and experience of managing CRM systems
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on a variety of tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working with accountancy software
- Experience working for a smaller organisation, or for a larger corporation and seeking a change
- Experience of charity finance and accounting
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Charly Young, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on 3rd January 2021.
Interviews will be held on the 11th and 13th of January.