Head of Finance
Salary: £36000- £38000 FTE, depending on experience
Reporting to: Director
Location: Midlands, Leicester or Birmingham
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 hours, 3 days a week (4 days will be considered)
Our client is a well respected fast growing Not for Profit organization with a turnover of around 3.5 million. They are seeking an experienced Finance professional who would like to work for a charity who offer great flexible working.
Summary of Role Purpose
Work as part of the Management Team to ensure effective and robust management and development of our Finances.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Financial Strategy and Planning
- Financial Reporting and all Compliance
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Funding and Bid Support and Management
- Line Management
- Project Management, as necessary or relevant
- Lead the establishment and delivery of the businesses overall financial strategy and oversee the operation of a strongly performing finance function
- Establishing financial systems and controls including credit control, payroll and systems supporting cash flows and organisation growth
- Ensure effective and robust management and control of all financial assets, including cash flow, bank accounts and the records of the organisation
- Work with budget holders to develop their financial understanding and ownership of budgets
- Management, analysis and reporting of grants programmes and provide reports as required
- Ensure the business derives maximum value from its financial resources in order to strengthen its work, including financial analysis for the purpose of improvements and operational decision making
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all management and statutory accounts
- Take responsibility for statutory and regulatory financial reporting and compliance e.g. VAT and PAYE, P11D, Companies House
- Operate as a key member of the senior management team, working to ensure business risks are identified with appropriate mitigating actions in place
- Liaise with auditors to provide oversee the preparation and submission of FSM annual Trustees Report and audited accounts.
- Relate closely to the Board Treasurer and Trustees, keeping them informed involved and providing information or assistance required, keeping up to date with tax processes and charity finance legislation
- Support and guide Managers in the preparation and costings for funding bids and tenders.Offer support and advice to managers to manage budgets, interpret financial information and control costs
- Ensure accurate and timely production and presentation of financial reports and budgets, providing advice and analysis to Trustees and the Senior Management.
- Service the finance and audit sub-committee of the Trustee Board, planning future agendas and meeting in liaison with the Director and Treasurer
- A proven track record of working within a senior financial and management accounting role and holding a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT) candidates can also be studying or QBE (qualified by experience)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of operating at Senior/Middle Management level, leading Finance function. A breadth of experience from overseeing and managing the day to day accounting to producing statutory accounts and identifying audit risks
- Delivering financial plans, systems and controls in support of service delivery, within budget and to agreed quality standards
- Line Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key decision makers both internally and externally
- Resilience, stamina and the ability to work positively with flexibility in an environment of uncertainty and continual change
- Persuasion skills including liaison and networking with senior staff in other charities, funders and local authorities
- Open, accessible and supportive management style
- An understanding of and personal commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
- Established IT skills
If you would like to add real value to a local charity and work with a great team of people this is a role which offers lots of flexibility in terms of hours and days worked.
Keywords: NG1/B7/LE1/Not for profit roles accountancy/Newly qualified/Company Accountant/finance Manager/FD/FC