Working for an established and growing business based in Cheltenham, this is a newly created opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join a talented team in a pivotal management position as Head of Finance.
Reporting into the Managing Director and managing a small team, the Head of Finance will oversee the day to day activities of the finance function, develop processes and controls and ensure month end reporting commitments are delivered accurately and on time.
The Head of Finance will have experience of supporting divisional heads, working through budgets as well as variances. My client is very entrepreneurial and is looking for someone to partner with who can analyse and review new opportunities giving advice and support. In addition, the ability to pro-actively take ownership of the role and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, makes this an exciting opportunity for a hands-on qualified accountant with natural curiosity, an adaptive approach, and the drive to deliver excellent results in a short time frame.
- Month end / board reporting - overseeing the integrity and submission of consolidated monthly management accounts, analysis and commentary to tight deadlines versus budget and analysis of any material variances
- Presenting reports to senior management and board members
- Ensure consistency and improve the reporting of management information/accounts
- Manage the year-end process including the auditors in producing audit deliverables including draft statutory accounts and tax schedules
- Monitoring and maintaining controls and processes, ensuring the financial integrity of the system data and financials
- Manage and support the finance team
- Preparation of technical accounting requirements for the group including acquisition accounting and intercompany transactions
- Preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT returns and monthly PAYE returns to HMRC
- Any ad hoc project support as required
- Hands on experience in a broad role with strong financial accounting skills
- Commercially minded
- Staff management experience with the ability to support and develop a team
- Team orientated, pro-active, problem solving approach with the natural ability to questions things
- Comfortable working within an ever changing and growing environment with the ability to flex within this
- Control and process focused
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.