We are looking for a Head of Finance to join our company. Our prestigious global client base includes The Times, The Guardian, Le Monde and Conde Nast, and we are looking for an experienced, reliable finance leader to join our growing team. The Head of Finance would work closely with our VP Operations and report to the CEO. The role would initially comprise 1 or 2 days a week, to be extended over time. Over time, the role could expand to include investor relations, helping with fundraising, developing plans to improve our financials and running internal controlling projects.
- Strategy: helping develop business plans for future products, market sizing, pricing strategies
- Finance/Accounting: grant applications, R&D tax credit (with an external consultancy), HMRC stock options valuations (for EMI), monthly and quarterly investor reports, payroll, maintaining our financial model, calculating bonuses
- Controlling: ensuring that the details of new contracts are entered into our CRM system correctly
- Legal: insurance renewals, managing legal challenges, reviewing legal contracts
- Procurement: managing supplier contracts (e.g. rent, utilities), equipment leasing/purchasing, software renewals, negotiation with suppliers
We are a fast-growing, research-driven company building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face every day. Using novel machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Times, Le Monde, The Guardian, Vogue and many more.
Our team is our best asset. We work with extremely smart and talented individuals, who all enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence in structuring their work.
Do you think you have what it takes to be part of Echobox? We'd love to hear from you.
Minimum 2.1 degree from a top-tier university; and
5+ years of relevant job experience with a proven track record of excellence in your field
Fluent written and spoken English
Required Skills and Experience
An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
An ability to use data to help guide decision making
High degree of competence with spreadsheets
Strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
Experience using Xero and Salesforce
Experience running multi-country payroll (incl. US)
Previous experience in a SaaS company
Familiarity with the publishing industry
Our employees enjoy free breakfast every day, coffee, drinks and snacks all day, everyday. Every Wednesday, we order food for our weekly team lunches where everyone gets together for an hour of fun. We have monthly team events (dinner, bowling, karting, poker nights, board-games etc.) for our team to get to know each other outside of work. Professionally, we host in-house conferences and an annual summer camp for all our global employees who are flown to and hosted in London. We ensure that all our employees also get pension contributions, the latest tech, generous annual leave and an amazing office with a balcony overlooking Notting Hill.