Head of MI, Vendor and System Oversight
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC's Global Banking & Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24-hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Products & services are offered through a network of more than 60 countries worldwide. The trading and sales forces attend to customers that include the world's central banks, international and local corporations, institutional investors, financial institutions and other market participants.
Global Data Services is a shared service with the mission of providing timely, compliant and cost effective reference and market data services globally. Encompassing the provision of instrument/pricing data to the global customer base including GM, HSS, Private Bank and RBWM, as well as the management of vendor data spend. We currently operate from six global locations i.e. London, New York, Scotland, Bangalore, Colombo and Hong Kong with circa 323 staff (292 perm).
The Vendor and System Oversight role will be responsible for managing and tracking the performance of key GDS Vendors and Systems and producing MI for inclusion in the relevant governance forums. The individual will act as an escalation point for Vendor and System operational issues and will track all remedial actions in order to ensure the actions are closed in a timely manner. The role also involves partnering with the Market Data teams on potential Vendor cost saves and engaging with this team when new vendors, price feeds, exchanges and terminals are required or can be demised. The role will support Global Service Delivery and Global Change with the roll out of new vendors and systems and vendor and system enhancements.
- Escalation point for vendor and system issues and working with the Vendor and or Market Data to resolve
- Managing the on-going performance of the vendors and systems on behalf of GDS
- Creating a consistent approach for measuring the vendor and system performance
- Ensuring the teams are operationally ready for any vendor related changes and liaise with Market Data and the Change team to ensure seamless delivery
- Managing vendor and system outages (ensuring Tech, Ops and Vendor) work together to resolve the issue
- Ensure effective communications of all vendor outages and circulate internal client comms in a timely manner
- Track and ensure closure of corrective actions resulting from Vendor and system outages or provision of incorrect data
- Ensure the Vendor BCP feeds are accurate and meet the BCP requirements
- Chair monthly GDS Service Reviews and represent GDS in partnership with Market Data at the formal quarterly service reviews with key vendors
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong knowledge of multiple asset classes, global financial markets and trading and securities operations
- Demonstrable, directly related product/ market development work experience
- Proven background in managing well designed and polished deliverables
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills, paired with the ability to tell complex strategic stories in a clear and visual manner
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders across an organization, within tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and track progress of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with high levels of organization and precision
- Ability to interact with clients in a confident manner
- Ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise and gravitas
- You will have the ability to balance conflicting themes and client objectives
- Detail orientated with ability to leverage qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques to support effective business decision-making and strategic planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to co-ordinate with senior management and internal teams and different cultures across HSBC as required
- Demonstrated ability to source up to date and pertinent data sources and to create innovative ways to generate insightful data
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.