As Head of Operations & Finance, you will lead and manage the delivery of first-class execution of key back office functions in the areas of Finance, IT, Commercial Governance and Operations. You will have overall accountability for the day to day management and performance for those areas, ensuring the needs of the leadership team, employees, clients, suppliers and contractors are adequately met. You will ensure that these operations are compliant with current contract and regulatory requirements.
You will have overall accountability for the day to day commercial management of the organisation, aligned to the agreed business plan. You will ensure that systems and processes are in place and appropriately managed to provide accurate management reporting and control, and to support forecasting and budget management.
You will be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for the Company’s IT Operations team so that our overall IT infrastructure supports the business effectively.
- Lead an effective Financial function:
- Develop high quality financial reports and forecasts, maintain reporting structure with input from key stakeholders
- Set up and deliver financial reporting to agreed standards and timelines, ensuring recipients of reports are fully trained in interpreting the information
- Monitor and review budgets against variances ensuring each variance is fully investigated and explained, ensure cost control processes are in place and effective
- Provide other management reports, financial reports and other business models to management to aid commercial planning and sound financial decisions in order to support the Business to achieve commercial targets
- Focus with increasing profitability, with an ongoing emphasis on:
- Application and ongoing improvement of cost awareness culture across all levels of the business
- Supporting exploration of different commercial models and proposals for new areas of operation
- Continuously improve our understanding of commercial performance through better understanding of data
- Proactively manage and communicate risks during client delivery
- Ensure governance process is adhered to at all times, with focus on highlighting and proactively managing risks, before and during client delivery
- Manage Accounts payable process and bad debts in line with agreed process and contractual terms
- Provide legal and regulatory support:
- Act as internal legal partner, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Lead projects to ensure company-wide compliance with all legislative requirements, overseeing/updating policies etc.
- Review and approve contractual agreements with suppliers and customers and manage relationship with external legal advisers, where required
- Overseeing and renewing insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises
- Lead an effective IT Operations services:
- Work as a business partner ensuring that the PSA and other IT systems adequately support the needs of the business
- Identify, plan and implement improvements to the PSA/other systems to drive business benefit, leading efforts to evaluate relevant new technologies in order to support a first-class IT provision for Sysdoc
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers and ensure Sysdoc receives the best services and value for money
- Create a quality culture to ensure all Sysdoc employees and contractors receive a first-class service from the IT Operations team, ensuring that KPIs are met and that ‘down time’ is kept to a minimum
- Protect the security of Sysdoc’s digital assets and the corporate network
- Lead an effective Commercial Governance function:
- Ensure effective management of CRM and Sales Pipeline
- Administer Bid Management process
- Own end-to-end Sales Governance process, ensuring leads are accountable across all clients/projects
- Monitor and report on progress against Business Plan
- Run internal PMO function
- Maintain Knowledge and Information Management systems
- Lead customer-first Administrative team:
- Manage office space and property
- Manage internal communications and company event planning
- General office management and employee pastoral care
- Play a key part in the development of the Annual Business Plan:
- Provide all financial inputs to the Sysdoc annual business planning process. These will consist of review of previous year performance, forecasts for the forthcoming year and managing and preparing company budgets in agreement with key stakeholders
- Lead projects within the organisation to enable continuous improvement in a range of areas, including:
- Implementation of new PSA, with input from a number of key stakeholders across business
- Establishment and embedding of Knowledge and Information Management Policy and embed within the organisation
- Administration/promotion of internal rewards programme
- Any other appropriate tasks as agreed by management and in support of the wider Sysdoc team
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a management level
- Excellent knowledge and direct experience of Operations, Finance, Legal and IT
- Credibility at all levels with a focus on a high standard of service delivery
- Strong problem-solving skill with the desire to provide excellent service
- A proactive nature, with a strong sense of personal integrity and ownership
- A desire to present new ideas and new ways of thinking that improve the overall experience of our employees
- The ability to ensure compliance whilst maintaining an approachable manner, encouraging staff to discuss issues openly to continue to improve standards
- The ability to influence and gain commitment at all organisational levels
- Experience in establishing systems and controls
- Experience with planning and executing change
- Skills in quantitative and analytical skills and PC proficiency
- The ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accredited or recognised finance qualification such as CIMA, ACCA or Bachelor of Business/Commerce
- Recognised legal qualification and/or demonstrable experience with legal/regulatory review and compliance
Sysdoc people are awesome together. We work with high energy and absolute integrity. We celebrate simplicity. We have a relentless commitment to get the right result for our clients, and each other.
Sysdoc has been providing practical and innovative solutions that drive effective business transformation and deliver sustainable business change since 1986. We have supported a large global client base, including major corporate, government and public sector organisations, to successfully understand their most complex strategic requirements and objectives, supplying answers in targeted services which produce tangible, measurable results.
At Sysdoc we work hard to understand the processes and people behind your organisation, to deliver immediate objectives whilst considering longer term strategic goals. This is aided by utilising our eight consulting practices ranging from process excellence to technical solutions. Our leading multi-media approach to engaging education and our expertise with customised SharePoint solutions have led to multiple global awards, and a sound understanding of learning innovation.
Our vision and principles ensure delivery of exceptional final products through our world class practitioners. From this, our clients rate us highly, so why not see what we can offer to your next business transformation.