WeSwap is the people’s currency exchange! We offer a peer-to-peer travel money platform (iOS, Android and web) enabling travellers to swap currencies directly with each other – avoiding banks and corporates allowing us to offer the best rates on travel money. We want our customers to ‘stress less and travel happy’ hence our mission is to help travellers everywhere swap and manage their currency in the cheapest, fairest and most transparent way possible. We currently have over 500,000 users and have swapped over £200 million since the start of our journey. If you are looking for the rare opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast paced, high growth, tech company then read on!
We are looking for a Head of People to report to our CEO and join our Senior Leadership Team to support them in their vision to build a stellar team, attracting, rewarding, developing and retaining some of the most talented minds in tech. You need to be passionate about championing culture and engagement as well as building incredible teams. As a standalone Head of People, you will be wholly responsible for looking after our key asset – our team! You will lead the creation and and implementation of our People Strategy, which will be aligned to our strategic business goals, as well as manage the HR processes and you will be the point of call for all HR queries.
You will need to have a strong foundation across all key HR areas including talent planning and management, organisational development, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, learning and development, engagement and employee relations etc.
A proven track record in a fast-growing, VC-backed start-up would be an advantage, along with a strategic mindset to plan for the future, but at the same time you must be willing to dig into the detail and get your hands dirty when needed. A background in working with technical and product teams would be useful too!
- Identity & culture - you'll be responsible for facilitating how our culture and values are represented across the company, how they influence the entrepreneurial (yet collaborative) behaviour and overall happiness in the workplace.
- Operational processes - you will own and manage all People systems and processes, working with Heads of Departments to define, deliver and develop them over time
- Strategic people projects – you will create and implement a People Strategy aligned with the strategic business goals and alongside the CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Company leadership - owning and running your own department, you will help lead the business as part of the Senior Leadership Team. You are not afraid to challenge the leadership team, including the CEO.
- L&D - we really want to invest in our people, so we would like to design an incredible learning & development program within the business to ensure our team members are happy and have the tools they need for personal and professional development.
- Career development plans – you will create and implement a career development programme so team members understand how they can progress in our business.
- Internal coach - as the key people advisor and employee relations expert, you will provide coaching and guidance across the employee lifecycle. This includes performance development and capability, employee engagement, employee relations, talent management and succession planning.
- Hiring - you will build your own team as you see fit and manage, coach and mentor your growing team. You will work with them to design and roll out a great on- and off-boarding process as well as deliver training to ensure all hiring managers are equipped with the necessary skills to find and hire amazing people.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You've done this before, most likely at another fast-growing business
- You are intuitive, approachable and fun, able to develop effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- You are pragmatic with a strong people operations background
- You think strategically and are confident and comfortable to communicate your ideas
- You are an inspirational leader, able to influence, coach and develop people at all levels.
- You are excited by technology, start-ups and innovative environments
- Ride to work scheme
- Life assurance (4x salary per life)
- 25 days’ holiday pro-rata plus Bank Holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Hackathons & meetups
- Quarterly socials
- Friday afternoon drinks in the office
- Fresh fruit
- Season ticket loan
- Commission free currency exchange
Kentish Town – London
We would definitely consider a flexible, part-time role and would love to chat to you about how this could work.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!