- Head of Source to Pay (S2P) Solutions, Supply Chain Management
- Location: Flexible but would be expected to be in Head Office Swindon on a frequent basis
- Competitive package
- Permanent contract, flexible working hours/conditions considered
- Please send in your application by Tuesday 20th November 2018
Our vision is to be the first choice for financial services by 2020. We`ve made significant progress over recent years and now have the best customer satisfaction amongst our high street competitors*, in addition to being recognised as the Best Bank/Building Society to work for in both 2014 and 2015 by The Sunday Times.
Right now, right across our business, we're aiming higher, thinking smarter and acting faster than ever before. We're looking for people who are proud of what we stand for, and who have the talent and drive to boost performance even further.
Our Supply Chain Management teams lead the strategy to maximise the value of Third Party Relationships across Nationwide, driving efficiency, building resilience and facilitating innovation throughout our Supply base. We are on a journey to transform our Source to Pay strategy, processes and systems enabling us to support the delivery of Nationwide’s Strategy and BIG Investment by becoming more efficient whilst remaining focused on delivering innovative solutions which meet the needs across all areas of Nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity at a Senior Executive level for someone who wants to take on the challenge of creating vision and driving strategy for systems, processes and tools that support future focused, efficient delivery of the end to end, source to pay (S2P) journey which encompasses Procurement, Vendor Management, Third Party Risk Management and Accounts Payable.
Key accountabilities for this role will be developing and deploying fit for purpose Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management processes to underpin the delivery of a world class Supply Chain Management function and driving and leading Supplier Chain Management wide operational response to ongoing changes.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
- Demonstrate the ability to develop innovative, new and sustainable models and solutions
- Be qualified to degree level or hold a relevant professional qualification
- Have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills including effective communication, relationship building, stakeholder management and influencing at the highest Senior Executive levels.
- Be a creative thinker with the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation
- Be able to make sound, analysis-based business decisions considering complex factors and inputs
- Have a proven track record and significant ‘hands on’ experience in End to End Supply Chain management, ideally across a variety of spend categories and Financial Services industries/organisations and with proven experience of delivering transformational activities successfully. Have a sound understanding of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to procurement and supply chain
- Be highly experienced in procurement supply chain skills and techniques including category management, sourcing, contract negotiation and management and supplier management
- Have significant experience in designing and implementing new procurement and supply chain models including outsourcing
- Be a strong leader, able to coach and mentor others and identify team’s development needs
- Have proven experience in cost & financial management
As part of the recruitment process we require you to submit a CV and covering letter supporting your application highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly to the Director of Supply Chain Management, this role will be accountable for the strategy and ongoing development of innovative, resilient and efficient end to end (E2E) process and solutions for Supply Chain Management that have scale, speed and extensible design to overarching accommodate the varied and future needs of the Society, together with anticipating, leveraging and optimising new automation and technology opportunities, including ‘cloud’ and aligning with overarching organisational Enterprise Resource Planning solution.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of ‘joined-up’ procurement and supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full procurement lifecycle across multiple spend categories, geographies and business areas within Nationwide Building Society.
- Aligning all solutions with corporate frameworks, policies and procedures both within Supplier Chain Management and other business areas
- Oversight of the implementation of multiple procurement and supply chain category strategies, ensuring that they are fully optimised and integrated with overarching end to end strategies
- Developing and using strong networks across the supply markets and other external organisations, including peers, to bring thought leadership, deep insights and innovative procurement and supply chain solutions to the Society.
- Evidencing a full and proactive contribution to the Supply Chain Management Senior Leadership Team, driving the creation of a best in class function for Nationwide that drives efficiency, continuous improvement and future focused, world class solutions
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our customers, we want to reward you. As well as your salary, additional benefits include 30 days holiday on top of bank holidays, an executive car or cash allowance, a competitive pension, private healthcare for your family plus executive health screening every 2 years, life assurance and a bonus scheme. If that wasn’t enough, you could also ‘buy’ up to another 10 days holiday.