We are looking for Project Support Officers to play a key role in supporting the delivery of projects in line with departmental priorities at the Home Office. You will join the Home Office at an exciting time. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. We lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
We cover some of the most high-profile policies in Whitehall, issues such as anti-social behaviour, crime prevention, tackling drug use, immigration, policing and terrorism. All are at the heart of the Government's agenda and we work closely and cooperatively with a wide range of other departments.
Project Support Officers enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the project manager through the operation of project management processes and the coordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf. The roles will offer an excellent opportunity to hone and develop your project delivery skills. There will certainly be scope for those who excel and demonstrate ability to progress within the project delivery profession.
To discover more information about the Project Support Officer role including job responsibilities and person specification please see the candidate pack, by clicking the apply now link below.
Please ensure you read this, and the Project Delivery Capability Framework, in full prior to applying.
The Career Promise
The Home Office is an exciting and rewarding department to work for, if you were successful in a post as a Project Support Officer you will:
- Undertake work that makes a difference to people’s lives. Some examples of the projects and programmes you might work on are given on the Civil Service Jobs website, accessed by clicking the apply now link below.
- Be recognised and valued or your contribution.
- Explore interesting and diverse problems and help deliver the solutions.
- Have the opportunity to work in rapidly changing innovative environments.
- Continually develop as a Project Support Officer with our help and investment.
- Be part of a large and collaborative Project Delivery community. We aim to create a positive sense of professional identity amongst our members, within a culture where successes and failures, experience and knowledge are openly shared in a friendlyand mutually supportive environment, for the benefit of all.
This is a unique opportunity to make a tangible difference to the British population, so if you would enjoy working in a supportive profession who are keen to help youachieve your goals, then do not hesitate to get in touch.