HR Advisor (Part Time)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver and platinum alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker. Based just outside Birmingham City Centre in the Jewellery Quarter, they are a well-established, busy and growing SME business.
They are looking for a confident, well established HR professional to join their HR Team on a part time basis (30 hours per week). This is a fixed term position to cover 12 month maternity leave.
This is a true generalist role and responsibilities will cover all aspects of HR, including:
- Recruitment - discussing role requirements, reviewing and updating job descriptions, drafting and placing adverts, checking CVs, shortlisting, arranging and supporting interviews, feedback to candidates
- Advising and supporting investigation / disciplinary meetings, ensuring meetings are managed in line with ACAS and the company procedures
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems and managing expectations
- Coaching managers on all matters relating to employee management and helping them understand and implement policies and procedures
- Managing grievances in line with company process and ACAS
- Proactively managing long term sickness, liaising with OH, the employee and advising the manager. Implementing and assisting with RTW plans
- Performance management - monitoring appraisals, developing training plans, and proactively advising on handling under performance, helping create performance improvement plans
- Supporting the HR Manager with key HR projects and plans
- Producing and distributed the monthly KPIs
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
- Encouraging and coaching the HR Assistant
Our client is looking for a versatile HR professional who will seamlessly take over from the current Advisor, actively managing all day-to-day aspects of HR. You must be able to multitask and work quickly, a good understanding of employment law is essential. You will have excellent team working skills and the ability to collaborate well with others; quickly forming effective working relationships with individuals at all levels. You must have an accredited qualification which is CIPD supported with substantial experience working in a similar roles at an SME.
Other organisations may call this role Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Co-ordinator, ER Advisor, or Employee Relations Advisor.
This roles comes with:
- Up to 24 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Flexible working patterns and hours can be considered
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8% and life assurance up to six times salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free travel / parking permit loans
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an SME business and build breadth of experience as you’ll be expected to get involved in whatever it takes to get the job done. If you believe you fit the profile, our client would love to hear from you.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Our client’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on their website (organisational details will be provided when you select the apply button).
Polite note to agencies: our client prefers to hire directly. When they do require extra help, they have a preferred supplier that they engage with. They do not accept speculative introductions and at this time are not seeking to add to their PSL.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HR Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
about 1 month ago
HR Advisor (Part Time)