8 days ago
Birmingham, West Midlands
Cooksongold is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver and platinum alloys. We are the UK's largest one-stop-shop for the jewellery maker. Based just outside Birmingham City Centre in the Jewellery Quarter, we are a well-established, busy and growing business of 280 employees.
We are looking for a confident, well-established HR professional to join our HR Team on a part-time basis (30 hours per week). This is a fixed-term position to cover 12-month maternity leave.
This is a true generalist role and responsibilities will cover all aspects of HR, including:
- Recruitment - discussing role requirements, reviewing and updating job descriptions, drafting and placing adverts, checking CVs, shortlisting, arranging and supporting interviews, feedback to candidates
- Advising and supporting investigation/disciplinary meetings, ensuring meetings are managed in line with ACAS and the company procedures
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems and managing expectations
- Coaching managers on all matters relating to employee management and helping them understand and implement policies and procedures
- Managing grievances in line with company process and ACAS
- Proactively managing long term sickness, liaising with OH, the employee and advising the manager
- Implementing and assisting with RTW plans
- Performance management - monitoring appraisals, developing training plans and proactively advising on handling underperformance, helping create performance improvement plans
- Supporting the HR Manager with key HR projects and plan
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
- Completing all administration work associated with your allocated business area
We are looking for a versatile HR professional who will seamlessly take over from the current Advisor, actively managing all day-to-day aspects of HR for your allocated business area. You must be able to multi-task and work quickly and a good understanding of employment law is essential. You will have excellent team working skills and the ability to collaborate well with others; quickly forming effective working relationships with individuals at all levels.
Ideally, you will have an accredited CIPD qualification and/or substantial experience working in a similar role at an SME.
Other organisations may call this role Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Co-ordinator, ER Advisor, or Employee Relations Advisor.
This role comes with some excellent benefits, including:
- The opportunity to work remotely for part of the week
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days’ annual leave rising by 1 day per year to a maximum of 26 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
- Company Pension Scheme: employee contributions matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance up x6 salary
- Employee Assistance Programme – with free access to a GP, counselling & legal advice for you and your household
- Interest-free loans for annual travel passes/parking permits
- Discounts on company products
- Eyecare vouchers
- Access to a discounted benefit platform
- Discounted gym membership from Gymflex
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an SME business and build a breadth of experience as you’ll be expected to get involved in whatever it takes to get the job done. If you believe you fit the profile, we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website.
A polite note to agencies: we prefer to hire directly. When we do require extra help we have a preferred supplier that we engage with. We do not accept speculative introductions and at this time are not seeking to add to our PSL.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an HR Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.