BAT is delighted to be partnering with Inclusivity Partners to present opportunities for career Returners . Please ensure you have read the BAT programme overview on the Returner page for full information.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is seeking to return to their career with a large multinational consumer products organisation.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
1. Support and guide managers in all functions by providing consistent and accurate advice on HR related issues requiring the interpretation and implementation of legislation and internal company policies and procedures.
2. To drive and coordinate the annual performance review process to ensure that individual performance objectives are aligned to the business and people objectives for all employees. This includes the co-ordination of the mid-year and annual review meetings ensuring full adherence to deadlines.
3. To manage the succession & career planning (TRM) process at a local level and to provide relevant data for the Region and other functional TRMs.
4. Develop and implement Company policies and procedures, to ensure effective employee relations, which also support the organisation’s strategy and facilitate an empowered culture.
5. Provide appropriate advice and counselling to all staff groups to maximise employee effectiveness. This role requires proactive management of employee underperformance in conjunction with line managers.
6. Support line managers and HR (HR Shared Service centre: “Global Business Services” HR) to ensure the timely and cost-effective recruitment and selection of internal and external candidates.
7. Ensure accurate and timely headcount reporting and forecasting in line with Company processes, including managing the impact on employment cost budgeting.
8. Manage the preparation of the annual salary and bonus review process for all groups of staff ensuring that reviews are conducted on time and within budget. Participate in survey processes that provide relevant and timely decision support data for the company review.
9. Act as coach to employees in the business to support their self-learning and career development and to provide advice to line managers to support the development of their reports.
10. Own HR data to ensure accuracy of all employee data.
11. Support line managers in the proactive management of sickness absence (short and long term), and any other employee relations issues, providing advice and support in line with company policies and procedures.
12. Manage the relationship with HR Shared Services in GBS HR to ensure that employee and line managers experience high quality Tier 1 and Tier 2 HR support.
13. To promote and co-ordinate practices such as cultural surveys which act as feedback mechanisms into the overall Company’s cultural development.
14. Support and/or deputise for the Head of HR to ensure effective continuity of key activities wherever necessary.
15. Standing member of UK EH&S Committee, ensuring compliance and adherence to Group EH&S standards and policies.
16. To own and manage the relevant responsibilities as an SAP Super User.
The successful Returner will have:
· Knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures
· Understanding of the role and functions of the different departments within a large global commercial organisation
· Competent user of Microsoft Office
· SAP and/or Success Factors experience would be desirable but not essential
· Proven experience in stakeholder management and building strong relationships
· Good level of understanding of resourcing & assessment techniques
· Good level of understanding of learning & development principles
· In depth knowledge of UK employment law
· In depth knowledge of the Recruitment and Selection process including excellent interviewing skills
· Excellent communicating/listening/influencing skills
· CIPD qualified
· Customer focused given business partner role
· Written communication skills: ability to take concepts/ideas/strategies and communicate them succinctly and in an engaging manner
· Competency across both traditional and ‘modern’ communication channels
· Attention to detail
BAT invites those who have been on a career break for 18+ months and are seeking a supportive environment to re-commence their career.
Upon commencement you will receive one to one coaching support from Inclusivity's highly experienced coaching team, as well as group training to support you getting up to speed.
To apply - please send your CV to us with your covering letter inside the same document as your CV. Please send in a Word document and ensure you clearly demonstrate your career break.