Home Instead is an award-winning family run business, that is part of a larger franchise network forming the world’s leading provider of homecare for older people. Our philosophy is simple ‘to support people as we would our own family”. We provide relationship-based care with all calls lasting at least 1 hour.
We have owned and run Home Instead in York since 2008 and our Scarborough office opened in 2020. Home Instead York was rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission at its last inspection in 2018 and we aspire to achieve an 'outstanding' in Scarborough too.
This is a critical role in an expanding organisation and an opportunity for someone with HR experience to expand their skills whilst showcasing their knowledge and ability from their previous roles.
It is a part-time role starting at 8.30am and finishing at 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
The main purpose of the HR Manager role is to provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped to deliver best practice operations that meet the objectives of the company reporting to the Franchise Owners.
- Delivery of the HR Strategy and Plan for the office in line with the National Office People Strategy and objectives, guidance and tools.
- Contribute to a strong people-led agenda and take the lead in driving change.
- Influence, lead and represent HI values driving culture and engagement.
- Aid in the recruitment and training of a high performing team of key players focused on the needs of clients and CAREGivers.
- Support the development of all key player roles and ensure all they have a Personal Development Plan in place to aid their growth.
- Own the succession plan for the office and identify and develop talent.
- Focus on key player engagement strategies to ensure their retention and satisfaction.
- Create the Wellbeing framework for the office.
- Monitor and champion equality, diversity and inclusion.
- In conjunction with the HR Service Provider, provide timely, responsive and effective HR advice for key players on a range of matters relating to employee relations, management of staff, performance management, workforce development and workforce planning, strategy and service development as appropriate.
- Support the Franchise Owners in the delivery of HR projects.
- Complete a regularly scheduled audit of HR processes to ensure compliance with all Employment Law, GDPR, regulations and Home Instead Franchise Standards.
- Set and achieve HR key performance indicators and provide reports using available HR systems.
- Provide support with payroll queries, liaising with the Finance Co-ordinator and Payroll.
- Ensure that current employment, equal opportunities, and health and safety legislation, together with good practice are consistently applied within your areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the Franchise Owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Proven track record of experience within HR, Recruitment and Retention at a management level.
- Relevant HR/Business Management qualification.
- Up to date knowledge with best practice in HR and the sector.
- Good understanding of Employment Law.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player who is self-motivated, results driven and resilient.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
This is a part-time role 8.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday (20 hours per week)
Pay And Benefits
Rate of pay: £26,000 per annum pro rata
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays
Employee Assistance Programme
Access to company holiday home in Northumberland
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.