Our client, an SME in the manufacturing sector is looking to recruit an experienced Part-Time HR Manager for their base in Wednesday, West Midlands. Reporting directly into the CEO this is a stand-alone role. An expanding business, this is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in driving the HR agenda for the business. They are looking for an experienced HR Manager who can lead the HR function, but also drive forward the company culture and ethos. Employee engagement is also key to this role - this is an organisation that wants to engage, empower and retain their staff. The business is flexible on the hours and are ideally looking for 22-30 hours.
- To assist line managers with HR issues within the Organisation, taking on individual case work and liaising with our Staff, legal and Occupational Health advisers where required.
- Provide advice to Staff on a variety of HR related issues including, attendance, annual leave, maternity, equality and diversity, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety, staff performance and other employment law related issues using External support.
- Work with line managers to develop job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Reviewing and updating Employee handbooks.
- Undertake regular salary reviews, advise on pay, pensions and renumeration issues including benefits.
- Administering and maintaining employee records, preparing and collating contractual information for monthly payroll information.
- Completing the Payroll process for the Business and producing all Reports required for the Finance Department.
- Completing the year End payroll process and producing the required reports and distributing P60's to all employees.
- Interpreting and advising on Employment Law using external support.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures with line managers.
- Planning and delivering training including inductions for new staff.
- Provide coaching and support to staff with line management responsibility.
- Maintain the general sections of the HR database adhering to GDPR principles and training line managers to access and input data.
- Monitor E-Learning training and ensure Staff compliance.
- Must be able to deal with sensitive cases and ER issues
- Must have a clear understanding of Basic HR Laws
- Previous generalist HR experience
- Have a can-do and hands-on approach.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £35,000-£40,000 Pro rata (depending on experience).